A Warning About Recruiting Scams
Thank you for your interest in Pearson. We encourage you to explore job opportunities at Pearson and to review openings that are listed on our website. We also encourage you to be wary of internet, email and telephone scams in which fraudsters may try to take advantage of job seekers by pretending to represent prominent companies, including Pearson. Intended victims may be invited to participate in bogus interviews, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications and, on occasion, have even been issued fake offer letters, all with the ultimate goal of trying to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information.
Here are a few things to watch for:
- Communications that are unsolicited or from an individual or website with which you are unfamiliar or whose domain name is inconsistent with that used by the actual business.
- Correspondence from free e-mail accounts, like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail. A Pearson employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Pearson email address or phone number. In addition, Pearson does not currently utilize video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews.
- Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Pearson will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process. In addition, any payments made by Pearson will be from official firm accounts bearing the Pearson name. Don’t trust checks from any other source.
- Communications that do not include information about a specific job opening (or the job description is vague) and/or extend a job offer without an interview.
- Communications where the recruiter claims to have seen your resume on a site with which you are not familiar with.
- Communications at the application phase requesting your social security number, national insurance number, date of birth, bank account information, or other sensitive personal information.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at the email groups below if you think that a communication or career opportunity that you have received from Pearson may not be legitimate.
- In case of any queries, please reach out to email@example.com