Pearson UX Writer in United States
Pearson is a design-centric product company whose mission is to have a direct relationship with millions of lifelong learners. As the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries, we provide content, assessment, and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments, and other partners globally. We are committed to helping equip learners with the skills they need to enhance their world of opportunities. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We are looking for a collaborative, fun, and articulate UX Writer with the ability to use words to enable users to navigate seamlessly through the e-Comm experience. This candidate should have the ability to flex into Content Design as needed, but with the primary role being UX Writing.
At Pearson you will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. UX Writers at Pearson are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
● Write with clarity, consistency, precision, and self-awareness with a focus on grammar and spelling
● Create microcopy that is intuitive to users, in keeping with our brand voice, and easily understood by a range of personas
● Identify opportunities for UX Research related to your work and how microcopy impacts the users experience
● Familiarity with Design Toolkits and Design Systems
● Thoughtful attention to the context and the user/audience.
● Writing with accessibility and inclusivity in mind to accommodate users with different abilities
● Writing UX copy that considers the need for translation and localization across multiple geos and cultures
● Timely resolutions of comments and feedback from stakeholders and collaborators (within Jira tickets, copy docs, etc.)
● An openness to learning about technical capabilities, requirements, or restrictions.
● Partner with other disciplines such as content strategists, UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and more.
● Focus both on individual contribution and mentoring/teaching
● Holistic thinking about the user journey and product ecosystem
● Advocate for quality solutions
● Build strong relationships with peers within Design as well as cross departmentally to foster positive culture and collaboration
● Love of open iterative design processes (constantly drafting, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing)
● 3+ years of professional UX writing/content design experience, ideally with exposure to e-commerce or product-led growth contexts
● Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a design related field. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
● Strong cross-functional collaboration skills; experience partnering closely with UX designers and other members of an agile team
● Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
● Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
● Comfortable working with cross-functional collaborators
● Experience writing content principles and style guides
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Passion for Pearson mission in support of lifetime learners
● Portfolio of writing samples
● Strong business acumen and excellent communication, self-management, organizational, and presentation skills.
● Positive mindset and willingness to have (professional) fun
● Willingness to learn new skills and tools
● Experience of digital educational content (desirable)
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $54,300 - $56,000. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: Direct to Consumer
Req ID: 9063