Pearson UX Designer in United States
Pearson is a design-centric product company whose mission is to have a direct relationship with millions of lifelong learners. As the the world’s learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries, we provide content, assessment, and digital services to learners, educational institutions, employers, governments and other partners globally. We are committed to helping equip learners with the skills they need to enhance their world of opportunities. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson we are passionate to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and implementation designers passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. In addition, we work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges.
● Influences and interprets the product vision to drive strategic execution of design through their team
● Actively participates in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions
● Challenges status quo on creativity and quality of design work across their team
● You are willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other designers and/or engineering teams
● Work closely with Product and Insights to formulate clear design hypotheses & construct tests
● Promotes team’s design work to drive alignment across the other teams
● Proactively looks for and solves high-level issues and opportunities
● Build strong relationships with peers within Design as well as cross departmentally to foster positive culture and collaboration
● Be proactive in seeking new knowledge and connections in your space
● 5+ years’ experience in digital-related design strategy
● Leading through ambiguity, use storytelling and persuasion techniques to build trust with our business partners and establish long-term relationships; show comfort communicating at all levels of the organization; demonstrate confidence and charisma.
● Using comprehensive thinking to identify customer experience opportunities that create impact across the organization
● Incorporating advancements in the field of design to guide the skills and practices of our team
● Developing a deep understanding of current design patterns and UX trends, and can guide your design team to use these in practiceLearning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: Direct to Consumer
Req ID: 8284