Pearson Software Engineer in United States
Pearson Virtual Schools is looking for an inspired, mission-driven senior software developer who can break down the world into objects and classes and cannot wait to try something new. We want software developers who are excited to solve problems in new ways, and who think in terms of scalability, efficiency, and practicality, with exceptional customer experiences in mind.
· Develop best-in-class technical solutions using the right technology on time and with exceptional quality that aligns with business requirements.
· Provides right-level documentation for solutions following software development best practices and Agile guidelines
· Analyzes alternative solutions to problem spaces, collaborates with teams to decide the best technical approaches, and drives the solution space.
For your application to be considered, you must have the following:
· At least 4 years developing object-oriented Web applications using .NET
· Experience building RESTful APIs (Application Program Interfaces)
· Familiar with asynchronous development practices
· Excellent SQL skills and experience with SQL Server
· Experience working in Microsoft Cloud stack including Azure technologies
· Experience working in source control, such as Git or Azure Dev Ops (ADO)
· Ability to independently solve technical problems in a virtual work environment, collaborate when necessary, and proactively ask for help.
· Stable High-speed Internet access at home or your remote work environment
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
· Experience designing and creating highly scalable database-oriented Web applications
· Experience writing technical requirements
· Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
· Experience working on Agile teams, especially if work experience includes working in SAFE (Scaled Agile Framework)
The exceptional candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
· Open, customer focused mindset
· Ability to work well with others, particularly cross-functional team members and customers, such as UI/UX, Test, Product Owners, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability to recommend technical solutions that match the system’s standards and overall design methodology
· The ability to effectively deal with change
· Experience with integrating 3rd party components strongly desired.
· Maintain technical knowledge by taking part in educational opportunities, reading professional
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: North America Connections
Req ID: 1101