Pearson Regional Product Sales Specialist, Math - Mid-Atlantic in United States
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Regional Product Sales Specialist, Math - Mid-Atlantic, is responsible for driving revenue growth of products
in their assigned high-priority academic discipline within a specific sales region.
The Regional Product Sales Specialist develops and executes data-driven sales campaigns in
their region, providing direct selling support for key adoptions, enabling Sales Reps to sell
more effectively, focusing high value internal resources on our highest stakes
opportunities, and tracking and reporting on the outcomes of their sales campaigns.
A content and platform expert, the Regional Product Sales Specialist is the go-to resource
for platform, product and discipline questions from the sales team in their region. In
addition to sales support during selling seasons, the Regional Product Sales Specialist also
contributes to developing and delivering product training for national, regional, and district
trainings throughout the year.
As a field-based resource who regularly engages with customers and Sales Reps, the
Regional Sales Specialist is a key source of “voice of the customer” market, discipline, and
competitive data, providing internal teams with timely insight from the field to help inform
product, marketing, and sales decision making.
● Achieve discipline revenue target in assigned region
● Enable sales teams to effectively win share in their key discipline
● Capture and report “voice of the customer” insights into market & discipline trends and
competitor strategies & offers
- In advance of each selling season, partner with the Sales VP, District Managers, and
Sales Reps in assigned region on a data-driven analysis of discipline opportunity at
the account, department, and adoption levels.
- Based on this analysis, develop a sales campaign plan focused on winning key
- Work with Sales Reps virtually and in the field to call on large opportunities, model
discipline sales calls, and consult on territory discipline strategy.
- Plan and execute “one-to-one” and “one-to-few” virtual presentations to touch key
current and potential adopters.
- Provide on-going (two-way) communications with regional sales team via OneCRM
Chatter, email, and regional/district calls. Serve as the regional expert for
discipline, product & platform questions raised by reps.
- Work across internal teams to align appropriate resources to support winning and
maintaining large adoption opportunities – ex. product team engagement; author
engagement; PCA engagement; Faculty Advisor engagement; etc.
- Work with the regional sales team and the events team to plan and drive
attendance at regional customer events.
- Partner with District Managers to support the success of new Sales Reps by
modeling sales calls and providing just in time discipline, product, and platform
- Build and facilitate discipline, content and platform training at live and virtual
meetings and provide ongoing training support at key points throughout the year.
- Attend select regional or national events and interact with educators, partners and
others to gather awareness of market conditions, the competitive landscape,
products/services, and industry trends surrounding assigned products
- Gather and report “voice of the customer” data and insights from engagements
with customers and the sales team.
- Using OneCRM, Tableau and other Pearson systems, analyze campaigns, conduct
win/loss analyses, and target and track regional revenue performance of assigned
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based candidates expressing interest in this position is $75K-$90K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
● A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful
● A minimum of 4 years of exceptional sales, marketing, or sales enablement
performance in the higher education market or related industry
● Experience working on a variety of marketing and market development activities
● Experience successfully managing projects from inception to completion, including
managing to a timeline and budget
● Experience working both independently and in a team environment
● Experience with data analytics, financial & business reporting and demonstrated
ability to make data-informed decisions.
● Proven project management skills● Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues for the benefit of
the customer and Pearson.
● Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, CRM, Sales Reporting and light project
● Achievement-driven – determination/drive/desire to achieve results
● Motivated by coaching others to the win, rather than needing to have the “win” as
● Exceptional written, oral and presentational communication skills
● Strong ability to articulate Pearson value.
● High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
● Strong analytical skills
● Has an inherent ability to build trusting relationships with employees, customers
and internal staff and then to maintain those relationships through professional
empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
● Collaborative Leadership skills: Ability to work effectively across a matrix
● Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
● Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills as well as
learning from mistakes
● Initiative-taking; self-directed
● Strong organizational skills and ability to manage across multiple workstreams,
projects and deadlines
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
● Experience with or exposure to graphic design programs
● Experience with or exposure to eLearning tools
● Experience in teaching or training
● Experienced with overcoming failure or adversity
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: North America
Req ID: 2110290