Pearson Product Marketer - A&P, Microbiology, Health & Nutrition in United States
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better.
The Product Marketing Manager is an experienced marketing leader and member of a highly collaborative team dedicated to marketing next-gen Pearson products and platforms. This role is accountable for gathering and leveraging customer insights to inform global product strategy, defining products through positioning and messaging, creating compelling brand assets, and shaping strong campaigns for effective selling.
Collaboration, partnership, and active stakeholder management are foundational to success in this role. Thriving in an evolving environment, driving innovation and continuous improvement for efficiency and sustainable growth is key.
• Gather, synthesize, and share market and customer insights to fuel innovation; to position products and service offerings at the segment/discipline level; to identify new market opportunities; and to grow share.
• Define product audience and develop personae to inform product development and campaign strategy.
• Develop product attributes into value propositions, marketing messages, as well as sales training and support material for addressable markets.
• Conduct comparative analyses of internal and competitive offerings in order to better position our products and campaigns.
• Develop and manage the execution of a global product marketing plan with well-defined success metrics, in collaboration with Creative, B2B, and B2C Marketing.
• Develop marketing content and core brand assets (e.g. web content, videos, customer testimonials) for use by sales and marketing, ensuring brand fidelity across all channels and geographies.
• Contribute to market development programs (class tests, focus groups, etc.) to elicit customer requirements, demonstrate effectiveness of the product, and identify sales opportunities.
• Maintain a customer relationship management database to track participants and targets in Product Marketing programs.
• Work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment, especially working across product, digital strategy, technology and sales teams.
• Travel as needed to conferences, events, and campuses within the US to inform market knowledge, product and campaign strategy, as well as to contribute to increases in revenue and digital registrations.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based candidates expressing interest in this position is $75K-$90K.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
• Undergraduate degree required
• 3 - 5 years of relevant experience, such as:
• Prior position in publishing or educational technology, with emphasis on developing, promoting, or selling digital solutions; or
• Prior position in product marketing
• Prior position in education, with emphasis on analyzing data and developing course solutions
• Demonstrated skill in developing compelling messaging and product positioning in B2B and B2C channels
• Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively for diverse audiences
• Learner obsessed, putting the learner at the center of all work
• Critical thinker and problem solver who is motivated to seek data to inform his or her work
• Managerial experience
• Outstanding team player able to earn cross-functional/cross-geographic team confidence through thought leadership and influencing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: North America
Req ID: 2110284