Pearson Application Production Support Engineer - Remote in United States
We are the world’s learning company with more than 20,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Application Production Support engineer is responsible for driving the investigation, prioritization, diagnosis, and resolution of incidents that have been escalated by the front-line teams that support the learners, the schools and the families that use Pearson Connections Academy. In this role, you will respond to production issues, investigate issues affecting our users in production, determine the impact and urgency of the issue, as well as develop and implement the solution. Where necessary, you will collaborate tightly with the Pearson software development teams on code fixes to address the issues.
You will be a member of a tightly integrated Tier 3 team, operating at a fast pace, with a focus on providing a rapid response to our users. You will build strong relationships within the teams around you on the front-line, in the engineering organization, with the business teams and Pearson’s infrastructure teams.
· Lead response and investigation efforts.
· Ability to work independently on tasks assigned through to closure.
· Provide immediate relief to customer.
· Gather important related information for development teams to resolve bugs.
· Prioritize incidents based on predefined documentation and investigation results.
· Attempt to identify the cause of incidents and fix them and/or provide a workaround.
· Review development teams’ releasing features including, but not limited to code, documentation, and logs.
· Set up monitoring and alerting based on features being released.
· Respond and address system alerts.
· Available for on-call rotation.
· 5 years of technical experience.
· Experience reviewing and de-bugging code.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High-speed internet access at home.
· Good time management skills.
· The ability to effectively deal with change.
· Willingness to grow skills and learn.
· Able to cope under pressure.
· Willing to ask questions, even in uncomfortable situations.
· Able to switch focus quickly.
· Comfortable making decisions with incomplete information.
In addition, the ideal candidate may have one or more of these skills:
· Experience with Salesforce, ServiceNow, or Azure DevOps.
· Experience with SQL or a similar language.
· Experience or exposure to SAFe Agile.
· Experience with C# or a similar coding language.
· ITIL v3 or v4 foundation certified is an advantage.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $80 - 100K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Technology & Operations
Req ID: 2111811