Pearson Supervisor Audit & Compliance Remote in Philippines
As a Supervisor, Business Controls Centre of Excellence (CoE), you will provide support to Pearson wide process areas from a risk and control perspective, including Risk and Control matrices updates and assistance with gap resolution. The role involves testing controls across in-scope SOX areas, and International markets, as needed. A main focus will be managing a tailored testing plan and partnering with all control-owners for clear and sustainable delivery of the required evidence.
You will be expected to provide real time support to your Line Manager on ad hoc projects to better the control framework at Pearson, as required.
You will act as a key contact with some of our control-owners to ensure that their controls are designed and tested to a suitable standard, within the timelines agreed by the control-owner, the CoE and external audit.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Testing a set number of controls each quarter, in both key SOX and non-key International markets.
· Providing support to the wider CoE Team on ad hoc projects as needed, to help ensure the controls framework is as efficient and streamlined as possible. · Helping to improve process flows and documentation.
· Building relationships with control-owners, and other stakeholders, to help promote the CoE within the company.
· Drive testing and projects to completion.
· Communicating your testing findings in a clear, precise, compelling manner to the reviewer.
· Assist with data entry and data cleansing in our controls tool.
· As a role model you will embody our company values and help others to embrace change, with a customer mindset
This position is full remote but preferably the person should be based in Phillipines, Brazil, UK, US, South Africa or India.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting combined with at least 3 years of experience in an internal-external audit team
Exceptional organization and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task
Strong English spoken & written communication, as well as being a team-player and having strong interpersonal skills.
Analytical thinking to test as efficiently as coherently as possible.
Understanding of materiality and risks.
The ability to map process and identify key and non-key controls
Ability to meet stringent report deadlines.
Experience in working in controls, audit/accounting/finance role and/or general experience with internal controls.
Previous use of audit software would be an advantage
Above average ability to use MS Office especially Excel to manipulate data.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
Excellent analytical and skills and an ability to identify opportunities;
Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team;
Excellent organizational and planning skills;
SOX or CIA qualification would be an advantage
Personal Style and Behavior:
· Brave – Resilient operating under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Accountable, takes ownership and agile – Demonstrates integrity & delivers what is promised efficiently
· Decent – Represents Pearson’s values and believes in the company mission, is a trusted confidant to colleagues and external sources. Treats everyone with respect and works with the highest integrity.
· Imaginative – Thinks creatively, using insights to improve work
· Focused on quality and continuous improvement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Req ID: 265