Pearson Web Content Manager in United Kingdom
Web Content Manager - ( 2108414 )
At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who make it all possible. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries – we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As a Web Content Manager you will be responsible for the marketing websites and integrated digital channels that serve Pearson’s English Language Learning (ELL) vertical.
You will work within a specialist digital channels team, receiving and interpreting content and functionality requests from across the ELL organisation and managing a substantial content management system (Adobe Experience Manager), as well as a variety of digital tools and applications.
We are looking for an individual who will bring expertise and new ideas to the table, to grow and evolve with the business as part of a high performing team.
You’ll know how to:
● Work effectively in a heavily cross-functional, complex environment, navigating across global functions (Product, Technology, Global Marketing, Customer Experience...)
● Drive digital best practice and be a champion for excellence in customer experience
● Be comfortable with digital transformation and ecommerce
● Bring knowledge and experience of multi-channel performance marketing
● Identify, define and report against KPIs.
● Ensure high-quality implementation and delivery of website content & site personalization experiences to support web & related business stakeholder strategies, in accordance with brand & web best-practices
● Create new website pages & landing pages utilizing standardized sets of page templates, layout containers, components, and experiences (for desktop, mobile & tablet devices) to meet cross-channel stakeholder needs
● Maintain and improve where necessary, web content workflow management system & processes to ensure timely delivery of requests and campaigns; stay apprised of progress, changes, and potential obstacles across the team
● Work in partnership with marketing, product, technology and UX/UI teams to ensure that web content requests are met
● Ensure that all website content follows the company’s established style and procedures; maintain brand and messaging and promote the sharing of web content best practices across all Pearson web properties
● Align with UX and digital experience teams to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience
● Acting as web product owner, partner with web development teams to define business requirements for new web functionality, and ensure new functionality is properly implemented and utilized across all web properties
● Liaise with developers, data analysts and marketing automation specialists to achieve change
● Collect and analyse performance metrics, to drive improvements and improve performance
● Build and maintain web forms in support of website lead generation and marketing campaigns
● Lead and perform troubleshooting and remediation of break fixes as needed
● Maintain an understanding of new technologies and best practices in website technologies, design principals, SEO, analytics and related digital marketing fields
● Analyze and report on website analytics and campaign data to identify trends and insights that achieve goals & efficiencies
● Act as the digital channel team’s SME for the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) content management system, and any other CMS in operation
● Support the Digital Marketing Communications Manager, Digital Channels, in the definition and delivery of the website roadmap.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● Strong knowledge of CMSs and related tools and platforms (e.g. Adobe Experience Manager, WordPress, Sitecore)
● Excellent web copywriting skills
● Good understanding of best-practice editorial and technical SEO (eg SEMRush)
● Exposure to content migrations and/or website launches or web development
● Strong confidence with Google Analytics 360
● Basic knowledge of html and CSS
● Basic knowledge of Photoshop or similar image manipulation packages
● Good understanding and passion for UX and web content design
● Able to build web forms using basic coding skills (Formstack, Form Assembly etc.).
Essential skills and experience:
● Experience of managing websites for large complex organisations
● Strong project management experience of web build, design and UX
● Experience of marketing automations (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot)
● Experience of working in an Agile environment, and of creating specifications and wireframes for developers
● Highly organised, with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
● Strategic, and able to oversee large projects and coordinate the work of others
● An excellent editor, with good spelling and grammar and an eye for detail
● Comfortable with web analytics, keyword strategies, usability and design
● Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
● A proactive, solid team-leader and clear communicator
● You possess great analytical skills and ability to optimise content
● You demonstrate a proactive approach to workload and new ideas
● Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● You exhibit good time management skills; ability to meet deadlines and plan own work effectively
● 3- 5 years in a web marketing role/content editing role.
Primary Location : GB-GB-London
Other Locations : GB-GB-Harlow, GB-GB-Oxford, United Kingdom
Work Locations :
Job : Product Management
Organization : Global Product
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Aug 4, 2021
Job Unposting : Sep 3, 2021
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2108414