Pearson Test Administrator - S. Burlington, VT in Vermont
Test Administrator - S. Burlington, VT - ( 2105509 )
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a part time Test Administrator to join our team in S. Burlington, VT.
Please note that this is a temporary position that will go through the end of July 2021.
Starting pay is $13.50 per hour.
Your Health, Safety & Wellbeing during COVID-19
As a responsible employer, at Pearson VUE we take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and test-taking candidates very seriously. At our company-owned test centers, we are following recommendations from the CDC and the World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting test candidates and our staff. Per the recommendations from global health organizations, we are implementing a strict cleaning regimen which includes providing hand sanitizer to test-taking candidates upon entering the test center and sanitizing the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of every appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitized after every use. We are also implementing social distancing guidelines, which suggest 6 feet of space between individuals. Test centers may need to limit workstation availability to ensure that a safe distance can be maintained between candidates. We will continue to:
Make hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room.
Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments.
Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival and permit candidates to wear a mask or disposable gloves if they choose.
Remind candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
Provide masks and hand sanitizer to Test Center staff.
The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment
● Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process
● Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing
● Troubleshoot with internal departments to fix technical issues
● Complete light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming the floors and sanitizing keyboards after each candidate has finished their examination
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work a variety of shifts any day - Monday through Saturday - between the hours of 6:30 am and 10:30 pm. Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling.
This is strictly a part-time position and will remain as such, between 10 and 20 hours per week, with an expectation to work more hours if needed.
Schedules are available at least 3 weeks in advance.Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● Minimum of 1 year customer service experience is preferred
● Experience proctoring or invigilating exams is highly preferred
● Must be flexible in work hours and days
● Beginner to intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
Primary Location : US-VT-Shelburne Road Section
Other Locations : US-Vermont
Work Locations :
US-VT-South Burlington-30 Kimball
30 Kimball AvenueSuite 202
Shelburne Road Section05403
Job : Testing Center
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Job Type : Temporary Work
Job Level : Entry Level
Shift : Evening Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 4, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Part-time Temporary
Req ID: 2105509