Pearson Senior Manager User Experience in San Francisco, California
Senior UX Design Manager
We are looking for a Senior UX Design Manager with experience building and fostering a small team of UX designers.
At Pearson, you will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product Designers at Pearson are embedded within Product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We seek a candidate with a portfolio rich in engaging media, interactives, and design processes which can be articulately shared through presentation and storytelling.
● Guide and collaborate closely with team members to create elegant solutions to complex problems, to ensure deliverables are of the highest design quality, and to make certain that business objectives are being met.
● Become a domain expert in your product area.
● Partner with other disciplines such as content strategists, UX researchers, product managers, engineers, and more to build beautiful, usable, forward-looking products that delight.
● Focus both on the big picture strategy while also mentoring junior designers within the team and across departments.
● Approach an open-ended problem space with vigor, clarity, balanced with a growth mindset
● Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem and guide the team to document those.
● Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency.
● Advocate for user needs and quality solutions.
● Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem.
● Build strong relationships with peers within Design as well as cross-departmentally to foster positive culture and collaboration.
● Be proactive in seeking new knowledge and connections in your space.
● 3+ years as a people manager in UX.
● 10+ years experience in digital-related design with an online portfolio of high-impact, relevant work samples that showcase process and success metrics.
● Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a design-related field. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
● Strong business acumen and experience in partnering directly with UX Product Designers, Researchers, Product teams, and Front End Developers
● Excellent communication, self-management, organizational, and presentation skills.
● Highly collaborative in nature and commanding a positive mindset
● Proven experience in...
○ Current design tools including Figma, Sketch, and Adobe
○ Explaining design rationale concisely and effectively
○ Working with design systems
○ Agile, lean UX, and mobile-first
○ Understanding the relationship between visual, interaction, and content disciplines
○ Currency of design trends in mobile, web, and motion design
● Experience with digital educational content (desirable)
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Pearson provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $130,000. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Organization: Direct to Consumer
Req ID: 4799