Pearson Senior IT Order Management Solution Manager in Raleigh, North Carolina
Senior IT Order Management Solution Manager
The Specialist Business Analysts - Order Management role is a primary interface between the Pearson Business and Technology teams and is responsible for the Order Management enterprise solutions from concept through delivery and support.
This role will be a key member of the IT Order Management team that will work closely with Pearson’s The Enabling Programme (TEP) in its implementation of a global Oracle E-Business solution, Pearson’s application platform that will support Pearson’s future growth strategies.
This role will be a key member of the IT Order Management team that will be responsibility for all functional and integration solution designs and support of a Global Order Management solution capable of meeting the business requirements that are cost effective, robust, and scalable.
This role will report to the Solution Director, Supply Chain & Order Management and The Enabling Programme leadership to deliver the TEP roadmap and Pearson operations support requirements. This role will work closely with the Programme Management office and chosen systems integrator.
1) Proactively own the TEP Order Management IT Functional solutions from process design, develop, implement, and support to meet the Business requirements
2) Proactively own the TEP Order Management IT system integration solutions from process design, develop, implement, and support to meet the Business requirements
3) Proactively establish and maintain the partnership between Pearson’s IT and Business group’s for the Order Management business capabilities and drive continuous improvements (from order capture through fulfillment) across the TEP systems landscape.
4) Seek, introduce and support leading IT Order Management practices
5) Support the retirement of legacy systems
6) Create and maintain the Order Management systems documentation and standards
7) Create and maintain the Order Management functional specification documents for approved solution requirements that maintain the Global Solution design
8) Support the documentation and testing of all Order Management configurations
9) Support the business in the creation of business requirements documents that maintain the Global Solution design – including local market requirements
10) Support developers with the creation and updates to technical specification documents that maintain the Global Solution design – including local market requirements
11) Support the development of test scripts and scenarios for project and regression testing activities
12) Work as a member of a Solution Support team and provide 7x24 support when required
13) Responsible for driving adherence to project milestones, risk and issue management, including implementing appropriate corrective actions when progress deviates from plan
14) Be able to work in a matrixed and virtual environment
15) Proactively work with a number of stakeholders: externally, internally and internationally
16) Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at one time
17) Ability to work with a global customer base and different cultures
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
1) Sr. level Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) - Order Management with 7 years of hands-on experience managing and implementing EBS Order Management Module.
2) Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamically changing environment.
3) Extensive experience working with both business and technical global teams.
4) Excellent communication skills with solid English verbal and written capability
5) Extensive experience working in a collaborative environment that issue resolution and escalation
6) Proficient in use of desktop productivity tools (e.g. MS Office, Google Suite, video conferencing, IM)
7) Proficient in the use of Development tools (e.g. SQL,SQLPlus, XML, Forms, Toad)
8) Working knowledge of how Order Management interacts with Finance and Supply Chain Operations
9) Proficient in test planning and execution
Minimum Education Requirement:
1) College Bachelor degree or equivalent – minimum requirement.
2) Technical Training related to Order Management – Not required, but will be consider in overall selection process.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations US-NC-Raleigh
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 10, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1814520
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.