Pearson Sr. Software Engineer - React in Pennsylvania
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson Marketing Cloud (PMC) is our Global Technology Platform that enables customers to access learning products and services through eCommerce and Digital Marketing journeys. We currently process more than 80% of global Pearson eCommerce revenue and serves nearly 50% of all Pearson web traffic, with over 24 million page views per month.
We are looking for a skilled React developer to join our front-end development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React concepts and workflows such as Redux, Flux, and Webpack. You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase.
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior web developer to help us build something that will directly enhance the lives of millions, by supporting the provision of education on a global scale. We need an engineer who focuses on putting the customer first, backing decisions with research, a proven ability to think strategically, pay attention to the details and implement with speed.
What you’ll be doing:
· Cross-collaborate with backend engineers, product managers, designers and QA in an autonomous, supportive team environment
· Researching emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes to use them
· Working with technologies and frameworks such as vanilla JS, React, NextJS and VueJs
· Design and evolve component libraries that help us iterate on product quickly
· Attend to our UI performance, accessibility, responsiveness, and compatibility to reach more users
· Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UI/UX issues
· Guide and mentor junior developers toward best practices in UI code patterns
Skills & Abilities:
· B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills
· Have 4+ years of experience designing and building interactive applications in React and NextJS
· Knowledge of React tools including Webpack, GraphQL, Enzyme
· 5+ years HTML/CSS/LESS experience, including concepts like cross-browser support, theming, accessibility, and standard methodologies
· Willingness to work closely with UX and designers communicating the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest
· Experience with graphic design applications such as Invision and Figma
· Experience with responsive and adaptive design
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
· Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with AEM or other CMS and/or eCom is a plus
· Communicate clearly in writing, code and speech
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Technology & Operations
Req ID: 2110124