Pearson Enrollment Manager (Contact Center Manager Higher Ed Sales) in Orlando, Florida
Pearson Online Learning is on a mission to help people make progress in their lives through learning. As Pearson is currently experiencing ongoing rapid growth and expansion in our Online Program Management division, we are looking for talented, driven, focused candidates that can exhibit a positive, can-do attitude as well as approach their work with vigor and determination.
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
We value the power of inclusive culture, so we embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. Pearson promotes a company culture where differences are embraced as strengths, opportunities are equal and accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all employees are given the chance to reach their full potential.
Through our talent, we believe that diversity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant company. People are at the center of our company. We are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace ecosystem where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. Learn more click here (https://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html) .
This is a leadership support position that works with the Associate Director, Student Recruitment ( Admissions) to provide onsite leadership for the student recruitment function of the business. This involves advising and coaching individuals and teams on the opportunities to improve performance. Responsibilities generally include having individual and team meeting sessions with the enrollment advisors to discuss the database, student pipeline, cultivation strategies and phone discussions. This is a target carrying role with specific accountability to achieving “starts” within set timeframes.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Under the direction of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services (ADRS), organizes team efforts to exceed new student start goals while maintaining service standards.
• Follow the Lead Management Plan as outlined by the ADRS to ensure maximum lead penetration through the day to day management of the Enrollment Advisors (EA).
• Ensure optimized pipeline management of the sales funnels.
• Conduct daily pre-shift/post-shift/ad-hoc meetings with the EA team to ensure energy levels are strong and communication channels are open.
• Conduct one on one meetings with EA team members bi-weekly
• Provide onboarding leadership to new EA team members to ensure a rapid progression up the learning curve.
• Facilitate and document the call quality process and administer call calibration sessions with all involved parties.
• Quickly identify performance gaps and take appropriate and effective action to course correct towards objectives.
• Manage and optimize the daily EA behaviors that will deliver the desired performance culture – closely manage weak performers with clear documentation and action plans.
• Analyze reports related to the day-to-day operations and overall productivity of the team to improve accuracy in forecasts and to drive performance.
• Serve as subject matter expert relating to the recruitment function including the tools and technology used for our daily jobs.
• Audit database records to find opportunities to improve on adherence to lead management guidelines, quality and timeliness of email communications.
• Monitors performance and identifies areas for team growth and individual development.
• Under the direction of the Associate Director of Recruitment Services, provide coaching and support to Enrollment Advisors in the area of lead management, quality communication with students, forecasting and performance.
• Using general, phone and interview observations, actively coaches direct reports to improve skill sets and customer service levels.
• Thoroughly documents coaching and training.
• Facilitate one-on-one meetings with each team member to discuss topics relevant to their performance, individual coaching and developmental needs, prioritization of workload, and personnel issues.
• Review enrollment files for accuracy and compliance.
• Conduct weekly applicant pipeline review meetings to ensure future students have met enrollments requirements and are prepared to start school.
• Assist program teams in forecasting their current term enrollments.
• Make staffing recommendations that optimize productivity to Associate Director and Director of Recruitment Services and Managing Director.
• Actively participates in interviewing, onboarding, training, and management of Enrollment Advisors.
• Minimize annual attrition.
• Support Work Force Management to identify and address coverage needs
• Supports the Associate Director in the budgeting process for each fiscal year. This includes forecasting staffing needs, turnover, operating and other expenses for the recruitment team within your area of responsibility.
• Resolves most simple to moderately-complex enrollment questions and problems.
• Ensures that the Enrollment team follows proper documentation protocols and departmental outreach strategies
• Serves as an escalation point for the CFT in the absence of the Associate Director, Recruitment Services.
• Ensures alignment between Pearson enrollment team and Partner expectations are met.
4-year degree from an accredited institution OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience.
Minimum 3 years Higher Education experience preferred.
Minimum 5 years consultative sales management and leadership experience preferred.
Leadership and organizational capabilities with time management, conflict and problem resolutions skills.
A thorough understanding of contact center operations.
Demonstrated proficiency in student enrollment training and development.
Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
Highly motivational, energetic and collaborative personality.
Able to drive performance through the creation of a productive and fun work environment.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Ability to work evenings until 9:00 PM (if needed) and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Manages Enrollment Advisors. Coordinates the work of others and is accountable for the outputs of the team and is focused on overall team/unit goals and results. Coaches and mentors less experienced employees or employees who are underperforming to develop and increase knowledge, proficiency and performance levels. Administers development plans and disciplinary action where appropriate.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: North America
Req ID: 2113410