Pearson District Sales Manager in Ohio
District Sales Manager - ( 2101741 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The responsibility of the District Sales Manager is to recruit, develop and lead a team of sales reps to achieve or exceed their district sales goals by driving course and program adoption decisions at institutions of higher education.
Responsibilities include: driving account strategies for assigned accounts; collaborating with enterprise level account executives to drive account strategies at Strategic Accounts; hiring, coaching, developing and leading sales team in a dynamic business environment; planning, pipeline reporting, business analytics and financial management; collaborating with peers, colleagues and members of the Services team on continuous improvement efforts. The goal of their work is to build a high functioning team of sales professionals and guide them to achieve profitable annual revenue growth at their assigned accounts.
The key accountabilities for the role include: achieving or exceeding their district sales target – including both subscription-based sales growth and market share gain; recruiting and managing the on-boarding, training and overall first year experience of new sales reps; coaching and developing all reps regardless of experience; motivating and building team spirit; holding reps accountable for key milestones in the sales process; collaborating with enterprise level account executives, business development and specialist counterparts to define and drive a strategy to maximize account level engagements; analysis and reporting; reinforcing the ways of working between sales and services to support a scalable quality customer experience.
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 40% travel. Relocation not available for this position.
Set strategic vision for their district; develop and implement district sales plans
Drive revenue growth in current and future business models; ensure the creation and execution of effective sales plans that deliver customer value, learner progression and business growth.
At Managed Accounts, work in consultation with enterprise level business development team to use qualitative and quantitative decision criteria to evaluate the viability of each enterprise level opportunity.
Strategically deploy Specialist and Product team support to specific accounts
Recruit and hire sales representatives
Set territory goals and monitor KPIs; effectively redirect rep behavior through feedback, performance management discussions, success plans and, where necessary, performance plans.
Train on planning, territory management & selling skills and provide developmental coaching for all direct reports; utilize Sales Coach effectively
Reinforce OneCRM usage and accuracy, acquisition of platform/product/capabilities knowledge, proper use of sales tools, and proper use of Customer Success Reps.
Effectively represent Pearson suite of enterprise level product and service options and work with customers to co-create solutions that will help them achieve their goals and drive revenue growth for Pearson.
At Managed Accounts, build relationships at program level, aimed at account growth through programmatic solutions.
Manage district level budgets
Contribute to assigned national task forces
● Meet/exceed targets in subscription-based sales
● Meet/exceed target in market share growth
● Talent retention
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
● A minimum of 5 years of exceptional sales performance in the higher education market.
● Record of informal and/or formal leadership – ability to build and motivate a team
● Skilled in identifying, organizing, and presenting the necessary data required to support approval of opportunities. Strong value articulation skills
● Demonstrated problem solving skills
● Facility with data analytics, financial & business reporting and demonstrated ability to make data-informed decisions.
● Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues for the benefit of the customer and Pearson.
● Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, CRM, Sales Reporting and light project management tools.
● Achievement-driven – determination/drive/desire to achieve results
● Motivated by coaching others to the win, rather than needing to have the “win” as their own
● Exceptional written, oral and presentational communication skills
● High emotional intelligence and self-awareness
● Has an inherent ability to build trusting relationships with employees, customers and internal staff and then to maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
● Collaborative Leadership skills: Ability to both lead a team and work as an effective team player;
● Strategic: Thinks strategically and creatively when presented with ambiguous opportunities and able to be analytical in pursuit of new opportunities.
● Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
● Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills.
● Initiative-taking; self-directed
● Strong organizational skills and ability to manage across multiple workstreams
Primary Location : US-Ohio
Other Locations : US-Michigan
Job : Sales
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jan 29, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2101741