Pearson Royalty Operations & Accounting Administrator in Noida, India
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Royalty Support team in India provides royalty services to Pearson royalty management teams in the US, Canada and the UK. As a Operations Administrator, reporting to the Supervisor of the team, this individual will be responsible for executing the day-to-day operations/functions of Royalty Operations. This includes (1) timely preparation and review of Royalty Statements and related processes, including advance payments and scheduled payment runs (2) performing the author inquiry process. This person will also be responsible for keeping supervisors apprised of unusual situations, and supporting the reporting of metrics to management.
This role will have responsibility for:
● Maintaining the workflow of royalty statements and payments (royalties and advances)
● Performing escheatment process (US) for returned checks and researching escheatable vendors
● Performing the process of adjustments, disbursements and other manual tasks
● Providing quality customer service to authors, agents, business units, etc
● Providing accurate accounting based on contractual terms in the royalty accounting systems
● Responsible for making adjustments/ changes within the Royalty System that affect authors’ royalty statements, e.g. name and address changes, record reserves, manual earnings and prepayment
● Answering inquiries related to 1099’s and 1042’s (US)
● Working with system analysts to develop useful management reporting tools
● Resolving inquiries from authors, agents, publishers, business managers and editors
● Assisting in preparation of internal and external audits
● Performing research using databases and/or contracts
● Adhering to internal controls
● Performing other duties as needed and assigned
● Minimum of two years’ experience in Publishing/ Rights or Royalties
● College degree is desirable but may be waived for significant relevant work experience
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Req ID: 2111433