Pearson C1-Associate- Sponsoring Editor in Noida, India
C1-Associate- Sponsoring Editor
The Sponsoring Editor will be responsible for managing assigned textbook projects and digital supplements to ensure timely delivery of all program components (both print and digital) that meet the highest quality standards. Working in close collaboration with the Managing Editor and project team, and with Product Management colleagues in the UK, she/he will implement a highly structured development process and oversee external partners, control the project scope, be involved in title planning, content development, author management, and all the key aspects of project management. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that the program and product goals meet market expectations.
This position reports directly to the Managing Editor.
● Function both, as the primary stakeholder and the editorial manager for assigned projects, within the strategy of the UK Product team.
● Responsible for author/SME management, is the primary Pearson contact for the author and will review and/or negotiate contractual terms with the authors or SMEs.
● Work collaboratively with the Managing Editor, Product Manager and assigned project teams to identify and implement required product changes. Be involved in all aspects of product development including product supplements.
● Be accountable for the final content quality and accuracy, budget, schedule, and program goals and meet all the content development needs efficiently.
● Guide external partners on all aspects of the assigned projects and provide approvals, and clarifications on program requirements and processes.
● Take initiative and responsibility for program tasks so that project team(s) meet completion timelines.
● Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal (UK-based portfolio manager, Rights and Production teams) and external (i.e. authors, vendors, customers) stakeholders.
● Manage time and priorities effectively including, but not limited to meetings, content planning, and all internal work assignments provided by the Managing Editor.
● Maintain responsibility for budget projections and alert the Managing Editor/Program Manager of anticipated overages. Identify risks to schedule, budget, scope, and project completion and alert the Managing Editor and Portfolio Manager.Identify risks to schedule, budget, scope, and project completion and alert the Managing Editor and Portfolio Manager.Identify risks to schedule, budget, scope, and project completion and alert the Managing Editor and Portfolio Manager.
- Identify risks to schedule, budget, scope, and project completion and alert the Managing Editor and Portfolio Manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
● This position requires a Master or a Bachelor’s degree.
● About 3-4 years work experience, preferably in editorial, product development and/or production roles.
● Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to set goals, prioritize tasks, build effective agendas and lead successful and efficient meetings.
● Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders and work in teams with a high degree of functional diversity.
● Prior experience in digital product development/management or project management will be an advantage.
● Proficiency with PC & MAC, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
● Take initiative, lead change and solve problems
● Demonstrate thoughtful, strategic and customer focused decision-making
● Engage collaboratively to build high performing teams
● Prioritize effectively
● Ability to build strong networks and work proactively and flexibly in a team.
Sensitive to requirements of working in a culturally diverse environment.
Primary Location: IN-UP-Noida
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 24, 2020
Job Unposting: Apr 23, 2020
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1911155
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.