Pearson B2-Senior Associate, Business Operations in Noida, India
B2-Senior Associate, Business Operations
Background Information: Product Data Operations is being established to enable positive changes in performance and stakeholder engagement through a centralized operating model. As content needs continue to proliferate across multiple emerging digital platforms, our team provides the resources to enable scalability and cost containment. We facilitate collaboration between product teams and suppliers who contribute to their products.
Purpose: The purpose of this role is to support the Product Data Operations in budget/financial analysis, purchase order and invoicing - creation and troubleshooting, budget entry and monitoring against spend, budget maintenance and trouble-shooting and issues escalation as necessary. Assist the business team and suppliers in PO and invoicing issues.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables, specific to this role of Data Analysis/Developer:
● Monitor product spend against those budgets, providing reporting, updates and escalations as appropriate for the Higher Ed business teams
● Perform ad-hoc analysis of budgets and other financial areas to provide needed information that will feed decision-making and spend QA
● Work closely with program and project management teams to ensure project delivery within available budgets and flag any spend deviations.
● Support data integrity efforts by utilizing the appropriate business tools/applications to ensure accurate and on-time information needs.
● Reconcile budget at the finish of project and maintain savings and spend records.
● Ensure vendor payments are released on time by monitoring the invoices held in the system for any reasons.
● Work closely with internal stakeholders and vendor partners for resolution of invoices.
● Continuously educate business teams on best practices to raise PO and suppliers on the process of submitting invoices
● Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs
Assist Publishing Operations team in timely creation of purchase order and reconciliation of invoices against the issued purchase orders
Core Technical/Functional Competencies:
● Able to troubleshoot and resolve issues on their own with minimal to moderate instruction
● Experience with financial analysis- data entry, data maintenance, troubleshooting, financial lifecycle, invoicing, purchase orders
● Ability to liaise with business and technical teams thus possessing an understanding of technical "language and process" whilst supporting business requirements
● Communication skills needed would be mainly to present data findings in multiple ways to support various audiences, ability to inquire until business needs are understood completely and provide the solution that will lend to issue resolution and communications needed along the way
● Critical thinking
● Attention to detail is critical - ensure vigilance in analysis to come to correct conclusions.
● Possess financial skills which is needed to build budgets.
● Possess good knowledge of working on MS Office and possibly other financial applications
● Should have good English communication skills, both oral and written.
Education, Qualifications & Training
● Essential: Candidate should be a graduate/post-graduate or other equivalent financial degree and/or certifications. Formal experience in analysis and purchasing/accounts payable desirable
Primary Location: IN-IN-Noida
Work Locations: IN-Noida-WTT Sector 16 World Trade Tower, 15th Floor C-01, Sector 16 Noida 201301
Job: General Business Operations
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 8, 2019
Job Unposting: Nov 23, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1914414
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.