Pearson Business Analyst - Ecommerce in New York, New York
Business Analyst - Ecommerce - ( 2011745 )
We are the world’s digital learning company with more than 22,500 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson’s Global Digital Channels & Experience group is part of the Direct to Consumer eCommerce group at Pearson and is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to define and create business requirements for eCommerce functionalities in consultation with business stakeholders, product and UX teams, and get them implemented by partnering closely with the technology team.
This role requires a keen attention to detail, strong understanding of business analysis best practices, SDLC-oriented documentation, and experience collaborating with diverse teams and stakeholders. In addition, the Business Analyst is expected to have a strong working knowledge of eCommerce best practices and leading trends, to actively contribute towards building a world-class eCommerce experience on Pearson.com.
● Collaborate with stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Product, Support, Legal) and cross-functional team members to gather and define requirements for initiative-driven and core new eCommerce capabilities.
● Help align Product Mgrs, Experience Design, stakeholders and Technology on shared expectations/specifications.
● Proactively contribute recommendations for requirements/feature enrichment based on eCommerce best practice and competitive landscape.
● Ability to comfortably work independently, or collaboratively.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Must Have Attributes:
●BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with 3-4 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst
●Experience with eCommerce concepts and best practices and proven ability to specify and drive implementation of best-in-class solutions. Specifically, prior experience/knowledge of Hybris and AEM is a strong plus.
●Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
●Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
●Ability to manage multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment, in planned and unplanned setups.
●Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently.
●Experience with JIRA and Confluence is a must; knowledge of Aha! or other product planning tools is preferred. Understanding of Agile scrum, SDLC methodologies is desirable.
● Communication skills : You have excellent verbal communication skills, able to collaborate with others for problem solving and requirements gathering. You're happy to work with teams to education and spread ideas. Your written skills allow you to communicate documentation and collaborate through agile management systems such as Jira, or Confluence.
● Time Management : You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment, coupled with the aptitude to set priorities, manage deadlines, and make bold data-driven decisions.
● Judgement and problem-solving skills : You are a proactive problem solver, naturally inquisitive and independent critical thinker with a creative mind set.
Primary Location : US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations : US-Pennsylvania, US-NY-New York
Work Locations :
221 River Street
Job : Technology
Organization : Global Product
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 10, 2021
Job Unposting : Mar 12, 2021
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2011745