Pearson Multimedia Officer in Melbourne, Australia
It’s no secret that a good education has the power to change lives. The challenge lies in the pace with which Australia’s educational landscape is transforming. It’s no longer just about providing access, but also ensuring progress.
As the world’s leading learning company, we’re meeting this challenge with Australia’s most comprehensive blend of digital learning formats, printed texts, educator training resources, assessments, services and online assets.
Want to work in a team that allows you to balance the flexibility and convenience of working from home and working in stunning, heritage-listed offices in Melbourne's Docklands, where you will you have everything at your door step, not to mention the easy 2-minute walk from Southern Cross Station?
We are looking to expand our current Multimedia team and are seeking two Multimedia Officers to join us on 2 year fixed term contracts.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Assist with the design and development of interfaces, interactivities and graphics, images or visual objects required for online and/or blended learning courses.
Assisting with the integration and low level programming for learning objects.
Develop interactive exercises from storyboards, using rapid development software, edit and/or integrate video and audio assets into academic learning management systems (LMS)
Develop dynamically generated pages, technical content, animations and online multimedia content that conforms to international (W3C) standards using industry software, integrating with the LMS, ensuring accessibility, re-usability and ease of maintenance
Produce, source, edit and professional quality photographic, video and audio content into an LMS.
Source, design or develop graphics, images and visual objects
● A diploma or degree in Multimedia/Design/IT or equivalent
● Experience in the use of industry standard design packages to produce documents, images, animations, interfaces and interactivities for the web and digital publications including:
● Digital still/video camera skills including processing and compression of images, video and audio content.
● Knowledge of user experience design and other notable design philosophies, strategies and theories, and the ability to apply those concepts to educational contexts.
● Familiarity with relevant computer programs and course delivery platforms including intermediate-advanced proficiency with Google Apps suite and Microsoft Office suite
● Knowledge and experience with common academic Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Brightspace, Blackboard and/or Canvas) will be advantageous.
If you are as passionate as we are about changing lives through learning, then help us to learn more about you and why you want to work with Pearson. Click ‘Apply Now’ to create your application online.
At Pearson, we value the employee journey and pride ourselves in building an inclusive and diverse culture.
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Melbourne
Work Locations: AU-Melbourne-707 Collins 707 Collins Street Goods Shed South Melbourne 3008
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1913329
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.