Pearson Test Inspections Coordinator 6 month FTC in London, United Kingdom
Test Inspections Coordinator 6 month FTC
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are the world's learning company and have a passion, energy and a genuine desire to help people make progress in their lives through learning. As the UK's largest awarding body we offer academic and vocational qualifications and testing to schools, colleges, employers and other places of learning in the UK, and internationally.
The Test Inspections team manage a test inspections programme for Pearson qualifications with external assessments to:
● ensure centre compliance with regulatory (Ofqual/SQA/JCQ) and Pearson requirements.
● uphold the quality and integrity of Pearson qualifications and exams.
● ensure learners are at the heart of every decision we make.
We contract a group of trained test inspectors to carry out unannounced inspections to our centres and they monitor assessments in progress, identifying both positive practice and areas for improvement in terms of assessment delivery. Any actions resulting from inspections are monitored and managed through to completion.
The purpose of the role:
- Support the Test Inspections Manager with the operational running of UK vocational and international test inspections and ensure the successful delivery of the annual test inspections programme.
● Liaise with centres to obtain information required for test inspections.
● Collate and prepare data required to complete test inspections. This involves working with numerical data on a daily basis and using spreadsheets to allocate test inspections and record results.
● Be responsible for the logging of test notifications and the timely allocation of test inspectors within agreed targets and SLAs.
● Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external colleagues, customers and senior managers.
● Be a point of contact for internal/external customers and assist the Test Inspections Manager with the resolution of any queries, issues or complaints.
● Be a point of contact for test inspectors and assist the Test Inspections Manager with their queries.
● Ensure that test inspection reports are logged and issued to centres within the agreed SLAs.
● Ensure any actions for improvement identified through test inspections are completed on time by centres and monitored until closure.
● Process and log payments for test inspection services delivered.
● Assist the Test Inspections Manager with collating and reporting data related to the Test Inspections programme.
● Liaise with other key stakeholders within Pearson and other external organisations and centres as required in connection with the role.
● Undertake any other activities identified through line management that are required for effective execution of the role.
● Adaptive approach when contacting different internal and external customers.
● Influencing centres and stakeholders through good written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work within tight deadlines and SLAs to ensure test inspections are delivered within agreed timescales.
● Ensuring test inspection reports are accurate and appropriate to intended audience.
● Professional, customer focused, service provision representation of the division.
Key measures of success:
● Test inspections programme is delivered in accordance with annual plan and agreed budget.
● Test inspections are delivered within agreed quality standards and timescales.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Previous administrative experience.
Previous experience of working with data and spreadsheets.
Previous experience of dealing with customers (internal and/or external).
Previous experience of working under pressure and completing multiple tasks within tight or immoveable deadlines.
Excellent planning and organisational skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with colleagues, stakeholders and customers at all levels.
Previous experience in a services environment.
Experience of working within the qualifications sector, through a role at a school/college, an awarding organisation, or other relevant organisation.
Understanding of academic and vocational qualifications.
Awareness of malpractice issues.
Working within a regulated framework.
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and Google applications.
Confident in using spreadsheets such as Excel.
- Experience in using Pearson systems, for example EOL, IQS and iSeries.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- 5 GCSEs at A-C, including Mathematics and English, or equivalent.
6 month FTC
Primarily at 80 Strand, London. There may be a need to visit other Pearson sites or Pearson centres as required.
Normal working hours apply 37.5 hours per working week) although flexibility will be required to meet business needs. During peak times of activity there may be restrictions on leave. Some weekend work may be required.
Here at Pearson we also offer a great package and a fantastic range of benefits that you would expect to receive in a global organisation. Including 25 Days annual leave, this increases by 1 each year up to 30 days with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days per year on top of this. A fantastic Pension plan, private medical insurance. Pearsons other benefits also include private dental care, season ticket loan, eye tests, cycle to work scheme, volunteering days, discounted products and services from leading companies and much more.
Salary circa £22,000 depending on skills and experience
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Testing Center
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 2, 2020
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1914936
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.