Pearson Student Success Progression Advisor in London, United Kingdom
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world. Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
Why Pearson Online Learning Services
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the POLs UK team provides online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. As a start up hungry unit every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground,and are willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
Why Student Success
The team brief is to deliver best in class student support with the aim of achieving the highest levels of student satisfaction and enrolments from one module to the next. Our Student Success Information Advisors have the highly rewarding experience of becoming an extension of the university partnership they work with and being an expert in supporting students on the programmes they work with. The team is attractive to those people who want to work in a higher education environment, speak daily with students from around the globe, many with very interesting life stories and diverse backgrounds. Working closely with the team of Student Success Information Advisors, the Student Success Progression Advisors provide high-quality support to students from initial enrolment and throughout their study journey, as they progress towards successful completion of their chosen programme.
About the Job
Highly organised and self-motivated you will be someone who enjoys working with people in a customer service/account management capacity in a commercially focused environment. You will demonstrate a great customer service ethos, be an effective team player and be keen to achieve retention targets whilst delivering outstanding student support to your student base.
● Promote continuous study to achieve graduation in a timely manner, identifying students at risk of failing to achieve their study goals and providing effective interventions
● Consistently achieve personal annual and teaching period student re-enrolment targets while maintaining a commitment to the ideal student experience
● Deliver high levels of proactive outbound communication to promote continuous study and progression to graduation. Key communication methods include phone, email and SMS
● Identify barriers and risks to continuous study and recognise opportunities to increase student engagement, utilising online tools and signposting to support services to meet individual students’ requirements
● Achieve high levels of student satisfaction and an on target, positive Net Promoter Score from your student base by balancing empathetic pastoral support and active promotion of progression
● Develop and maintain trusting relationships with a student base, supporting early in their transition to online study and at set milestones throughout their study journey
● Establish and maintain excellent relationships throughout the Student Success team, sharing knowledge and experience to ensure a high standard of service is maintained
● Help to develop effective processes to ensure a proactive approach to student support, progression and retention
● Record data and student communication accurately to monitor student cases, progress and resolutions
● Maintain detailed and accurate student records on our customised Salesforce CRM system
● Act as an ambassador in representing the Student Success team on projects to evolve the team approach
● Be a supremely positive advocate for change
● Demonstrate our Company and POLS Values and act as a Brand Ambassador
What we are looking for in you
Experience in Customer Service or Student support
An effective team player who is keen to drive their own success and the success of the students
Experience in developing customer/student centric process improvements
Data management and analytics skills
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Proficiency with office tools including Microsoft and Google applications, proficient IT systems skills
Ability to work flexibly on a shift pattern and some weekend cover
Account management experience in B2C or B2B environments where retention is the key performance indicator
Proven experience achieving in a sales as a service role
Higher Education experience
Experience in Salesforce CRM
Knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 9754