Pearson Principal Researcher, Pearson College London in London, United Kingdom
Principal Researcher, Pearson College London
Job title: Principal Researcher
Reporting to: Deputy Vice-Principal (Academic Affairs)
Post: Two years fixed term, with possibility for extension to permanent
Salary: up to £50k depending on experience.
To play an active role in the delivery of an Office for Students and Research England funded project on student engagement in knowledge exchange: Work Integrated Learning: Sustainable models for student-industry engagement. (https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/news-blog-and-events/press-and-media/funding-boost-for-students-to-work-with-business-and-communities/)
The project would entail evaluating current Pearson College London knowledge exchange provision, through in-depth analysis of student, employer and academic views on the effectiveness of work-integrated learning models. The next stage would include co-designing a framework for effective work-integrated learning models across the College’s subject areas and evaluating their pilot implementation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
● To devise and deliver a robust research design to support the implementation of the project’s objectives.
● To undertake individual and collaborative research in accordance with the project objectives.
● To collect and analyse research data using quantitative and qualitative research methods.
● To contribute to the development of a comprehensive framework for sustainable and scalable student engagement in knowledge exchange with industry.
● To work under the direction of the Deputy Vice-Principal (Academic Affairs) and in collaboration with the Schools to ensure that the pilot KE projects align with the project’s objectives.
● To undertake project evaluations and prepare research findings reports.
● To prepare external publications based on the project’s findings and to liaise with other Pearson College London academics on publications.
● To present and disseminate research findings through internal and external fora, including sector conferences.
● To ensure the project becomes a springboard to inspire the academic community of the College to strengthen its commitment to work-integrated learning and associated scholarship and research.
● To contribute to research and scholarship at Pearson College London.
● To participate in group meetings and liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
● To undertake any other work as directed by the Deputy Vice-Principal (Academic Affairs).
Qualifications and experience:
● A PhD, ideally, in a relevant field such as Education, Business, or Digital Arts;
● Demonstrated good knowledge of one or more of the research project’s main areas, i.e. work-integrated learning, knowledge exchange, university – industry engagement, student employability, widening participation;
● Demonstrated ability to deliver on research projects’ milestones;
● Demonstrated ability to present a research project’s findings to a range of audiences;
● Demonstrated ability to contribute to wider research and scholarship in the fields of the project;
● Demonstrated ability to publish in a range of outlets, including high-quality peer-reviewed journals;
● Demonstrated ability to work with a range of stakeholders to deliver a project.
● Postdoctoral experience;
● Experience of working on publicly funded projects;
● Experience bridging academia and industry;
● Experience working across academic disciplines.
● Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a flexible manner
● Ability to organise own workload and adhere to deadlines
● Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
● Ability to work effectively in a small and agile team
● Ability to devise innovative solutions
● Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including colleagues, students, employers
● Understanding of the wider HE landscape.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Research and Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 30, 2020
Job Unposting: Jul 23, 2020
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 2006397
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.