Pearson Quality Engineer Architect in Jackson, Mississippi
Senior Software Quality Engineer - Automation
Learner at the heart
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose.
We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world.
Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
We're investing in our technology and infrastructure. By working at Pearson, you have a unique chance to make a real difference to the lives of people all over the world.
Across the world we believe strength and success comes from diversity in our people - all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The job purpose
The job is to work within the QA team to support the delivery of groundbreaking technology services for both internal and external customers. The right person will be able to cooperatively develop functional and integration plans/procedures from sources such as functional/Non-functional requirements and stated technical capabilities, monitor the integration of the test resources, execute these detailed integration procedures, analyze results, and present the results orally and in written format. Strong automation experience using JAVA is Required.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience
● 7-10 years of Experience working with agile methodologies, and have a TDD and BDD approach to software development and familiarity with testing frameworks and runners such as Mocha/Chai, Selenium, Geb etc.
● Lead and Coordinate with onshore/offshore team for deliverable, report daily status to project team, manage day to day QA activities of a project
● Hands on experience in Test Automation using Selenium with Java, TestNg, Appium & RestAssured wrappers
● Hands on experience in BDD automation approach and framework like Cucumber/Java, Geb with Spock
● Strong knowledge in RESTful web API framework and API test automation using Restlet, SOAPUI, POSTMAN and DHC
● Hands on experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and Saucelabs
● Experience in designing, developing and running automation tests on cloud platforms like Saucelabs.
● Good experience in Version control/Source control management tool like Bitbucket, GitHub
● Hands on experience in Build management Tool like Maven, Ant, Gradle
● Solid understanding of CI/CD principles and tools is desired.
● Proven / Experience working in any of cloud computing platforms like AWS, Azure etc.
● Experience in testing distributed applications and their interactions across microservices architectures
● Good experience in Test management tools like HP ALM, JIRA
● Hands on experience in creation of Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Summary Report.
● Experience delivering geographically dispersed application integrations, preferably in a content management landscape
● Flexible, adaptable, positive attitude when dealing with constant change
● Responds confidently and resolves all conflicts positively
● Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks effectively
● Good communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical teams
Personal Style and Behavior
● Excellent interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
● Can-do attitude
● Energetic and energizing
● Happy operating in a changing and ambiguous environment
● Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Organization: Corporate Strategy & Technology
Req ID: 2765