Pearson Senior Business Analyst in Hoboken, New Jersey
We are the world’s leading learning company with more than 20,000 employees that deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Pearson Marketing Cloud (PMC) is our global technology platform that enables customers to access learning products and services through eCommerce and Digital Marketing journeys. We design, build, and deliver global capabilities that support Pearson’s vision of connecting with every Learner, on any device, anywhere in the world, and to improve their lives through education.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who is passionate about technology and building amazing customer experiences though Web and eCommerce. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a global engineering team and build solutions that will directly enhance the lives of millions, by supporting the provision of education on a global scale.
• Be a subject matter expert – develop deep knowledge of our platform, dependencies on other systems and influence our roadmap; act as a trusted adviser for our customers and turn business requirements into feature specifications.
• Collaborate with the Product Owners to ensure the stories are comprehensive and well formed.
• Work closely with the technology architects and leads to convert business requirements into technology solutions.
• Create epics and stories in JIRA for Agile scrum teams. Ensure requirements are fully documented.
• Work closely with the QA testers to ensure good testing coverage is achieved.
• Help identify dependencies, working closely with the Project Manager
• Champion our platform, drive awareness and accountability to ensure platform capabilities are leveraged across Pearson to build customer experiences.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 6 years of experience in business analysis, software development, or quality engineering of customer facing applications.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to facilitate interactive sessions with business and technology teams.
• Experience working in large teams with excellent knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies, including JIRA & Confluence or equivalent tools.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• A team player works well with diverse group acting as a liaison between technology teams, business units & support teams.
• Prior work experience in ecommerce projects or software development would be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with eCommerce platforms like SAP Commerce, Hybris, or any comparable platforms, or any Web Content Management platforms.
• Familiarity with API-first Headless architecture implementation in eCommerce or Web Content space will be desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Technology & Operations
Req ID: 558