Pearson Tier 2 Support Specialist 12 month FTC in Harlow, United Kingdom
Tier 2 Support Specialist 12 month FTC
Learner at the heart
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world. Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
About the job
● The Tier 2 Support Specialist will report to the Customer Operations Manager, but is individually responsible for ensuring the key activities assigned to the team are completed in an efficient manner adhering to KPI’s /SLA’s.
● Tier 2 Support Specialist team will work in close partnership with the BPO teams, and other Harlow Ops teams (e.g. Field Escalation team) and tier 3 teams (e.g. experience users /Continuous improvement team) and various operational and technical teams.
● Responsible for managing tier 3 escalations agreeing on manual workarounds where appropriate
● Be a support function for all Customer Service Hub teams ( Order input, data entry, Data maintenance and 1st line after care customer service teams) teams based out of Manila and other international hubs. This support consists of sending orders for keying, monitoring and answering T2 escalations from 1st line and other areas of the business
● Carry out quality checks to ensure the BPO teams’ knowledge on Pearson product, promotions, and processes, including workarounds, are in line with expected standards.
● Work closely with Customer Operations Manager to provide SLA reporting requirements for the team, to review and analyse trends.
● Work closely with technical/ experience user teams to fix system bugs, as well as assist to create and prioritise change requests.
● Manage functions which cannot be dealt by 1st or 2nd line customers. service teams (e.g invoice coding)
● Review Central Operations processes and make recommendations for improvements (e.g. identify 1st line activity and work with Director, UK Customer Service Operations to transit these activities to BPO teams / automate processes, ect. )
● Solely responsible to work closely with the SOX/Auditing team during the audit process throughout the year.
● Maintaining customer operations dashboards, neo page/s, and OBIA reporting requirements
● Manage all Internal/ external communication (non system related communication).
● Any other operations and admin activity that may be assigned to you by your Manager
● This team will work in close partnership with the BPO teams, Harlow tier 2 and tier 3 teams and various operational and technical teams to resolve Escalations.
● Providing Tier 2/3 support on escalations by the BPO teams and internal operational teams
● Manage OneCRM queues / Mailboxes which comprises of order, data maintenance, Audit and after care related queries and escalations from sales team, markets as well as various other internal teams.
● Filter various email inboxes (e.g DE orders) and forward queries to the correct Esker queues (Transition to 1st line)
● Audit : Responsible for ensuring all Sarbanes Oxley 404 compliance requests and other internal and external audits requests are completed in accordance to agreed SLA’s (POD / new account creation/price & discount evidence).
● Ensuring checks are in place to monitor a timely processing of Orders, data maintenance queries, Audit request are completed the BPO team.
● Be responsible for monitoring service levels and escalations for functions such as: Ebook invoicing, dues, custom pub, Access code requests.
● Quality monitoring : Listen to call and email to monitor process accuracy. Chair regular quality monitoring forums with the BPO team and feedback, train and support team with reviewing processes.
● Ongoing review of issue root causes and improvements to processes where there is no system implemented to complete the function (e.g. CR’s for work-arounds), complete other workaround activities in the agreed SLA
● Scanning of Post orders and refer these to finance teams and update customer accounts where applicable.
● Monitor credit reasons and ensure 1st line teams are using the right category
● Be the point of contact for credit authorisation where required
● Monitor and action time critical stuck orders (EDI Stuck orders / other stuck orders in the pipeline).
● Provide and maintain statistics for customer service operations team and performance decks for management
● Analyse and Interpret data and provide recommendations where applicable.
● Assist create and maintain Neo page/s for customer service operations team.
● Work with all Customer Service Operations teams to ensure all Internal communications on process updates, incidents and regularly divisional updates are sent on a regular basis.
● Maintain internal comms audience list.
● When required manage external customer communications.
● Run regular forums with the BPO teams
● Meeting room bookings , travel arrangements flight bookings and any other administrative activity that may be assigned to you when required.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential skills & qualifications:
● Ability to define customer requirements and offer appropriate solutions in line with established policies, procedures.
● Ability to work in a flexible manner as a team player supporting colleagues and line manager and establish and maintain effective relationships.
● Must be able to perform their assigned duties in a pressure-filled environment with appropriate prioritisation of incoming requests.
● Demonstrate an ability to negotiate skillfully to ensure a positive outcome for customers/colleagues.
● Knowledgeable in current policies, practices and procedures and information affecting the role.
● Ability to interpret all levels of data and present findings.
● Understanding of tableau dashboard/OBIA reporting and the data behind these reports to enable you to support any data report requests from customer service teams.
● Work with data teams to implement and maintain Harlow Customer Ops team dashboards
● Experience of creating and managing internal and external communications.
● Organisational and basic project management skills
● Communication, networking and influencing skills externally and internally
● Intermediate skills level of Microsoft office
● Relevant experience of proven customer service delivery in a busy customer service environment within UK and International markets.
● Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines and SLA’s
● Ability to easily prioritise, multi-task and stay calm under pressure.
● Organisational skills with a high level of attention to detail
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Work flexibly in a changing environment
● Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing process/system changes Ability to work with large amounts of information and create statistical reports
● Ability to manage projects and continuous improvement initiatives
● Experience of working with BPO teams as well as be familiar with contact centre technologies and leading practices
● Willingness to work remotely and with a relatively high level of autonomy, taking into account different time zones and cultural differences whilst working to deliver a consistent customer experience
● Excellent Word/Excel & PowerPoint skills within a processing environment would be advantageous.
Pearson competencies (B2):
Organisationally Agile Adapts quickly to new situations where roles and work are not clearly defined. Proactively seeks information to understand the reasons for change and adapts approach accordingly.
Influences without Authority Conveys messages and clear outcomes to diverse audiences using the most effective channels in an easily understood, convincing and actionable manner. Identifies stakeholders, seeks input and actively listens to build support and identify best solutions.
Prioritises and makes Effective Decisions Breaks down work into manageable parts, assessing the priorities and schedule required to deliver on time. Ensures the quality of the data provided to analyse possible solutions and support effective decision making.
Builds Relationships Creates relationships with peers quickly and confidently, building trust and win-win partnerships. Proactively networks with other teams to discuss common issues and share knowledge.
Outcomes Oriented Differentiates between outputs and outcomes, working with a focus on achieving desired outcomes. Understands the intended outcomes of own work and how they contribute to Pearson’s broader objectives including customers and learners.
Continuously Improves Actively seeks opportunities for improvement and presents ideas for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of own work. Demonstrates willingness and flexibility to adapt own approach to new ways of working to achieve improved outcomes.
Evidence Informed Identifies and collects reliable data necessary to build evidence to enable and support decisions. Organises and analyses information (into meaningful / related areas) to form robust, evidence-based conclusions.
Commercially Aware Understands and can articulate Pearson’s business goals and what own business, own team and self do to contribute to Pearson’s success. Uses that knowledge to identify better ways of working to meet those goals.
Digitally Focused Understands and embraces how digital technology is changing education and assessment and the implications this has on own day-to-day work. Recognises the opportunities digital technology creates for Pearson to increase its reach, generate profitable business opportunities and create more effective products for its market.
Driven by Customer and Learner Requirements Understands customer/learner needs, what they value and why, and applies creative thinking to make a difference. Makes decisions that have a positive impact on customer and learner issues for the benefit of Pearson overall.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 18, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1915589
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.