Pearson Student Success Information Advisor in Harlow, United Kingdom
Job Position: Student Success Information Advisor
Division: Virtual Learning- Pearson Online Learning Services
Job Grade: B3
Location: Harlow, London or Manchester
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world. Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
Why Pearson Online Learning Services
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative new online learning service that Pearson has launched in the UK. Working in partnership with leading UK universities across the country, the POLs UK team provides online learning services including marketing, student recruitment, course content development, training and ongoing student support. As a start up hungry unit every member of our team responds positively to breaking new ground,and are willing to challenge current practice and to be challenged themselves.
Why Student Success
The team brief is to deliver best in class student support with the aim of achieving the highest levels of student satisfaction and enrolments from one module to the next. Our Student Success Information Advisors have the highly rewarding experience of becoming an extension of the university partnership they work with and being an expert in supporting students on the programmes they work with. The team is attractive to those people who want to work in a higher education environment, speak daily with students from around the globe, many with very interesting life stories and diverse backgrounds. Working closely with the team of Student Success Progression Advisors, the Student Success Information Advisors provide high-quality support to students from initial enrolment and throughout their study journey, as they progress towards successful completion of their chosen programme.
About the job
Highly organised and self-motivated you will be someone who enjoys working with people in a customer service/support capacity in a commercially focused environment. You will demonstrate a great customer service ethos, a high attention to detail, be an effective team player and be keen to achieve high satisfaction targets whilst delivering outstanding student support to students across a portfolio of programmes.
● Deliver prompt response rates and high levels of communication to provide comprehensive non-academic information, advice and guidance whilst balancing empathetic pastoral support. Key communication methods include phone, email and SMS
● Act as a programme specialist, ensuring extensive knowledge in a particular curriculum area in addition to university policies, regulations and support services, to meet individual students’ requirements
● Welcome new students to their programme, demonstrating high levels of knowledge and pastoral support to prepare students for the rigour of postgraduate academic study and setting students up for success in their chosen programme
● Efficiently build rapport with a student base, remaining committed to delivering high levels of support as students navigate the complexities and challenges of online study from enrolment to successful completion of their chosen programme
● Consistently achieve high levels of student satisfaction and an on target positive Net Promoter Score from students across a portfolio of programmes
● Achieve annual and teaching period re-enrolment targets while maintaining a commitment to the ideal student experience
● Deliver high quality, engaging and informative webinars at key milestones, as the student base progress throughout their study journey
● Establish and maintain excellent relationships throughout the Student Success Team, sharing knowledge and experience to ensure a high standard of service and student progression is maintained
● Help to develop effective processes to ensure a proactive approach to student support, progression and retention
● Record data and student communication accurately to monitor student cases, progress and resolutions
● Maintain detailed and accurate student records on our customised Salesforce CRM system
● Act as an ambassador in representing the Student Success team on projects to evolve the team approach
● Be a supremely positive advocate for change
● Demonstrate our Company and POLS Values and act as a Brand Ambassador
Your Reward & Benefits
We’ll expect a lot and we know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you’ll earn 1 additional day’s holiday per year you work with us.
Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
Stock/share purchase options.
Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
Cycle to work program, gym membership concessions in selected office locations, along with retail and leisure discounts.
If we sound like a good match for you, or maybe for a friend, we’d love to receive an application.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com. Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 1775