Pearson Customer Operations Manager in Harlow, United Kingdom
Customer Operations Manager
● The Operations Managers will report to the Director, UK Customer Service Operations, but is individually responsible for ensuring KPI’s are delivered to their agreed areas within customer operations and their customer base.
● The purpose of the Customer Service Operations Manager role is to manage the escalation specialist team who are responsible for providing customer service for Pearson’s UK products and services across all lines of business, including products with an international reach. You will lead a team, helping them to deliver a consistently high level of customer service.
● The Customer Operations Manager will also work in close partnership with the BPO teams to deliver excellent service to our customers.
● Assist your Director, UK Customer Service Operations, with project and continuous improvement initiatives as required, which may be strategic and complex in nature (e.g. further development of a self-serve capability, inputting into requirements gathering, business case development & project planning, working closely with the UK recovery hub to improve customer experience).
● Ensure all teams review processes to find efficiencies, understanding root cause and providing solutions, transit non-escalation functions to BPO teams.
● Take ownership of all time critical and high priority activities and ensure they are delivered in a timely manner (e.g. internal and external communication, audit activity, complaints/escalations from VP’s and John Fallon).
● Deliver against agreed customer service KPI’s and SLA’s, developing KPIs as appropriate in line with requirements
● Ensure that HR policies employed within the Customer Operations are in line with Pearson’s HR policies, whilst also being appropriate for the market served and industry leading practices
● Develop a resource plan based on inbound and outbound forecasts gathered within Customer Operations and other areas of the business (e.g. Supply Chain, UK & International Sales teams, etc.).
● Establish and execute the resource plan to deliver a positive customer and learner experience at optimum cost
● Manage the Escalation team to ensure delivery of accurate and efficient processing of orders and timely resolutions of escalations to from this team.
● Ensure teams managing escalations (From BPO teams, customers as well as all other teams) efficiently, agreeing manual workarounds where appropriate. The Customer Operations Manager should step in, where required, to help clear backlogs.
● Ensure all teams take ownership and are accountable for dealing with queries and escalations from their customers and internal team understanding root causes and providing solutions and workarounds.
● Improve and refine processes to Identify cost savings within area of responsibility within department, ensure all processes include proactive management methods to ensure smooth transactions, maximum sales opportunities and successful collection of payment as well as an excellent customer experience.
● Manage and build a team to provide a solid and seamless base to support all the functions of the department. Build key relationships with internal customers to ensure optimum supply to customer. Establish and manage effective working relationships with all key business interfaces, particularly UK recovery hub program, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance and other Operations teams.
● Manage key external relationships with warehouse/s, Shipping Agents/Carriers/freight forwarders and other third parties (e.g. PubEasy, Esker)
● Establish ways of working for your teams to work closely with Sales teams supporting them to assist their customers with pre and post-sales support functions.
● Manage senior stakeholder relationships, including the VP and Heads of Sales for UK and international markets
● Work with your teams and establish proactive ways of improving customer experience by providing their customers with resolutions that taking into consideration their individual account needs.
● Ensure both teams work in partnership with the BPO teams and support them to deliver excellent service to our customers (e.g. regular forums to share updates, quality calibrations, regular briefings on new initiatives, process updates and promotions and training etc.)
● Carry out regular quality checks to ensure your team members knowledge on Pearson product, promotions, and processes including workarounds are in line with expected standards.
● Review and document all operational processes, find efficiencies and improvements and work with experience user team, BPO teams and other areas of the business to implement changes. (e.g. Identify transactional activity in both teams and make recommendations to transit this activity to 1st line, freeing up this team to work on continuous improvement activities and enhancing current processes).
● Establish a system to ensure all training and process documents are kept up to date.
● Provide the Director, UK Customer Service Operations with reporting (daily / weekly monthly management reports) as well as implement and maintain dashboard to monitor department performance, trend (stats, type of queries etc.)
● Assist the Director, UK Customer Service Operations to implement processes to improve information sharing within the team and all our internal customers and BPOS.
● Manage internal and external communication in conjunction with the experience users and ensure all communication sent out to internal and external customers are accurate and precise.
● Ensure Audit request are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Conduct an end to end Audit process review to ensure all Audit request for POD, Account creation and Price & discounts queries are completed with 100% accuracy.
● Attend sales forums, and provide updates and assist with sales queries and other escalations from operations teams.
- Ensure invoice coding is completed in a timely manner
● Stand in when the Director, UK Customer Service Operations, is unavailable for meeting and complete other relevant customer operations activities as and when required as well as assist in all other areas of Customer Operations when requested to do so.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● Customer focused and a passion for delivering an excellent customer experience.
● At least 5 years in a customer service management environment and demonstrable experience in managing teams, with a clear understanding of the principles of performance management and the ability to handle difficult. conversations effectively.
● Ability to anticipate obstacles and develop proactive solutions, drive for results through execution and attention to detail.
● Experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships, negotiating and influencing at executive level.
● Ability to support the design and specification of operational Service Levels, and to manage performance against those levels, taking mitigating actions.
● Ability to design, analyse, interpret and understand data and reports, and summarise results concisely for management audiences, and to communicate necessary improvements appropriately.
● Experience of managing outsourced providers.
● Ability to present outputs and progress in a structured way to drive decision making
● Ability to manage projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
● The ability to build and lead virtual teams successfully.
● Ability to work under pressure with quick turnaround on results while juggling multiple tasks and issues
● Excellent organisational and communication skills.
● Sound experience of sales support.
● Good presentation skills and experience of reporting through progress at all levels within an organisation
● Good negotiating skills.
● Good recruitment and selection skills.
Desirable skills and characteristics
● Knowledge of Pearson products and / or related industry experience.
● Knowledge of export practices and procedures.
● Fluency in a second language is desirable.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park Hockham Way Kao Two Harlow CM17 9SR
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 9, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1913474
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.