Pearson Senior Copywriter-Remote in Daytona, Florida
Senior Copywriter-Remote - ( 2106167 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for developing original content for advertising campaigns, emails, brochures, websites, directories, newsletters, press releases and other direct response marketing materials. In addition, this individual will generate original and innovative ideas and participate in brainstorm sessions to establish a brand identity and develop messaging strategy for projects. The position is also responsible for compiling, organizing and distributing best practice materials and documents and staying on top of industry trends. Because projects handled by the Senior Marketing Communications Specialist are of high strategic importance, this individual may be required to interact with clients to ensure successful execution.
The Senior Marketing Communications Specialist serves as a mentor to the team, working to develop associate team members, and balances priorities and project scheduling. This position requires superior organizational, project management, strategy and communication skills. The scope of work flows between writing for new business and special projects and reviewing others’ work and providing direction.
Provides world class marketing client service management by creating synergies with internal teams and Academic Partners which empower us to exceed our objectives
Helps to provide oversight on the planning, implementation, development and or servicing of new marketing ideas for Academic Partners & internal teams.
Manages communications projects for various components of the marketing life cycle or services
Helps to develop, execute and/or provide service management of marketing objectives
Prepares & presents materials/findings both internally and externally for the marketing communications area he or she supports.
Provides Academic Partner insights and strategies which help enable internal & external teams deliver results that exceed objectives
Creates buy-in from multiple constituents in a collaborative cross-functional environment
Hires, coaches and develops high-performing teams
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
4-year degree from an accredited institution in Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related field is preferred, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in content marketing or a related field (agency experience preferred but not required) with extensive experience in the following areas:
- Experience in the education industry (preferred) or other highly regulated field
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business-critical needs and meet deadlines
- Experience developing content for advertising/marketing/media campaigns for both digital and print
- Experience in digital content creation for online experiences, websites, and other digital media leveraging catchy headlines, implementing linking strategies, and optimizing writing for SEO to drive clicks and conversions
- Experience developing marketing content, that supports communications, visual strategies and the brand
- Experience working within and maintaining client identity standards across channels
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including knowledge and adaptability of various editorial style guides and tones, as well as writing compelling long and short form content
- Strong collaboration skills, as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to successfully strategize and execute highly visible and strategically important projects
- Ability to transform high-level themes and raw statistical data into a compelling story and messaging strategy
- Experience proofing marketing pieces including letters, creative briefs, brochures, banners, magazine ads, outbound e-mails, etc.
- Experience supporting creative briefs which provide unique “outside the box” thinking
- Experience interacting with, presenting to, and maintaining good client/Academic Partner relations
- Attention to detail plus editing and proofreading ability
- Driven to be creative, innovative and strategic
Primary Location : US-FL-Daytona
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 28, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106167