Pearson Test Centre Administrator – Isle of Mull in Craignure, United Kingdom
Test Centre Administrator – Isle of Mull
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a casual/seasonal Test Administrator to join our team on the Isle of Mull
If temporary: Please note that this is a temporary position that will go through the end of Month/Year
Starting pay is £9.19 per hour .
The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment
● Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process
● Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing
● Troubleshoot with internal departments to fix technical issues
● Complete light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming the floors and sanitizing keyboards after each candidate has finished their examination
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work a variety of shifts any day - Monday through Saturday - between the hours of 9 am and 8 pm. Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling.
This is strictly a part-time position and will remain as such, 3-4 hrs over a 2 month period, with an expectation to work more hours if needed.
Schedules are available at least 2 weeks in advance.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● Minimum of 1 year customer service experience is preferred
● Experience proctoring or invigilating exams is highly preferred
● Must be flexible in work hours and days
● Beginner to intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Craignure
Work Locations: GB-Craignure-Enterprise Centre An Roth Community Enterprise Centre Craignure PA65 6AY
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Casual/Seasonal
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 3, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1912924
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.