Pearson Senior Security Software Developer in Columbia, Maryland
Senior Security Software Developer - ( 2009985 )
With more than 24,000 employees across the globe, Pearson is the world’s learning company, providing a range of products and services that help people make progress in their lives through learning.
Since 2001, our Online & Blended Learning division has reimagined K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized, more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy, US-based online public charter schools; International Connections Academy, a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus, our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
Our company culture is built around our motto “Always Learning” and a set of core values that we live by: brave, imaginative, decent, accountable, curious, customer-centric, and collaborative.
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is looking for an inspired, mission-driven software developer with a penchant for security.
● Ability to create and/or troubleshoot .NET code and SQL
● Ability to recommend and make technical decisions to improve security issues across a diverse code base
● Assess, prioritize and remediate security vulnerabilities in software
● Develop and maintain risk analyses
● Create security guidelines and policies for software development
● Advise on and evangelize secure coding practices
● Create realistic test data sets
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For your application to be considered, you must have the following:
● At least four years developing object-oriented Web applications using .NET excellent SQL skills
● Exposure to RESTful Web API and asynchronous development
● Experience working in Microsoft Cloud stack including Azure technologies
● Experience hardening multi-tier Web applications
● Ability to independently solve technical problems in a virtual work environment, collaborate when necessary, and proactively ask for help.
● Stable High-speed Internet access at home or your remote work environment
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
● Experience designing and creating highly scalable database-oriented Web applications
● Experience writing technical requirements
● Experience working in source control, such as Git or Azure Dev Ops (ADO)
● Implemented a source code scanner tool such as Checkmarx, OWASP and Snyk
● Integrated source code scanner tools into CI/CD pipelines
● Experience working on Agile teams, especially if work experience includes working in SAFE
The exceptional candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
● Open, solution-based mindset
● Ability to articulate risks to non-technical coworkers
● Good time management skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● The ability to recommend technical solutions that match the system’s standards and overall design methodology
● The ability to effectively deal with change
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
Primary Location : US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations : US-MD-Columbia, US-NC-Durham, US-MA-Boston
Work Locations :
10960 Grantchester WayTwo Merriweather
Job : Engineering
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jan 15, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2009985