Pearson Technical Specialist - Quality Engineering in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Responsibilities and domain knowledge should cover all needs of the
Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines.
Should support initiatives to achieve organization objectives
Keep track and monitor the Pearson Lanka and SQE department
goals and make sure those goals are adhered by the team. Escalate
to leadership when required
Support the Pearson Lanka SQE interview and Recruitment process.
Awareness of release process, all SQE artifacts, Tools and
methodologies in the organization
- Should be able to understand requirements clearly and relationships of
new requirements to existing functionality from technical perspective
and impact to other sub-systems. Support team to understand the
- Ability to understand requirements and technical reference documents,
charts, diagrams without a doubt and able to review and escalate any
- Responsible for implementing test scenarios and test cases based on
design provided and contributing test designing effort. peer-reviewing
QA artifacts such as test cases and test scenarios to ensure coverage
- Ability to design and develop test strategies and review them for
Ability to resolve technical issues and troubleshoot in automation
Ability to understand, troubleshoot and differentiate defects and
requirement without a doubt
- Responsible for On-time delivery and timely escalations/update of
risks, issues, status, and exemptions to leadership
- Support the Project team on Automation or Performance testing by
creating and executing automation/performance scripts.
- Should have a good knowledge of Automation and performance tools,
architecture, framework, and technologies used
Awareness of DB IDEs used
Awareness of Development technology and tools used
Effective communication with the team, leadership, internal and
external customers covering all aspects of team needs.
- Good Knowledge of agile development practice and QA activities in
- Effectively participate in training organized by team/Organization and
ability self-learn on domain and tools
Ability to conduct training on domain/skill area
Maintain high team morale while working with other departments
- Should support the team to achieve delivery expectations without task
Actively involved in team events and organizing events
Mentor and manage the SQE Team on delivery and carrier
- Own and complete successfully any other duties as assigned by the
Education, Qualifications, and background
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
2 years in Associate QA Lead Designation.
Thorough knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and testing.
Good knowledge in software development, the software
development lifecycle, and awareness of the industry trends.
Excellent Analytical, Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to self-learn and grasp the knowledge quickly.
Good knowledge in Object-oriented concepts and simple SQL
Basic Knowledge in at least one software development tool
Ability to express and articulate the subject clearly and accurately
Should have an aptitude in reconciling business requirements with
testing requirements with help of other stakeholders.
- Should have good knowledge on Test Management, automation
and performance tools and should be able to learn and adapt to
Excellent knowledge and experience in practice Agile/Scrum.
Should have good time management skills and an optimistic attitude.
Should have leadership, coordination, presentation, estimation, and
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 1053