Pearson Systems Engineer in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Systems Engineer - ( 2106079 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Systems Engineer processes a depth of knowledge in infrastructure and who will closely work with Platform OS, DB and network team to help resolve/troubleshoot day today incidents using strong technical skill-set. In addition System Engineer has the responsibility of installing, managing, configuring and monitoring all virtualized systems and infrastructure. He/She should keep the systems up to date with latest industry standards and maintain the documentation. Furthermore, he should work on the assigned projects as per the company requirements to deliver them on time with highest quality and reliability. He/She should support the 24
- 5 operation with weekend on-call support.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● A degree level of education in an IT discipline or have the equivalence in training, experience and exposure
● Minimum three (3) years of experience
● Has a minimum of one (1) years of domain level or within company experience (within total work experience)
● Experience in AWS technologies would be added advantage
● Past experience in high tech environments
● Working experience with different stakeholders in multiple geographies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Significant experience or knowledge is preferred in the following areas
o VMware vSphere ( 6 , 6.5 and 6.7)
o Storage (EMC, Netapp)
o Operating systems (Windows /Linux)
o Hardware platforms (Dell /Cisco UCS /HP)
● Ability to independently learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to advance the development capabilities of the organization.
● Strong communication, presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people and work with a variety of internal and external groups.
● Ability to be self-motivated and work collaboratively with different divisions of the organization to achieve the objectives of Technology Operations.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
● ITIL- Foundation
● Vendor Certifications on relevant technologies (VCP, VCAP, AWS,CCNA, CCNP and any Storage certifications)
Primary Location : LK-LK-Colombo
Work Locations :
LK-Colombo-200 Nawala Maga One
Maga OneNo. 200, Nawala Road, Narahenpita
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 10, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106079