Pearson Senior Software Developer in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose.
We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
A key engineering role in the development of complex, multitiered and distributed Web based software applications. Works with a variety of technologies while providing the guidance & support to the team members in an agile environment with a strong focus on engineering best practices, incremental delivery, continuous integration and test driven development.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
● Minimum four (4) years of experience in software engineering.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
● The desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non-functional requirements.
● Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with prompt and professionalism to the teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
● Strong technical skills and handson experience in Java and related tools & technologies including open source frontend & server side technologies.
● Hands on experience on RDBMS technologies and understanding of NoSQL and Big Data architecture.
● Experience and knowledge on OOP, Analysis & Design, Architectural & Design Patterns, Unit Testing and development of highly scalable web applications.
● Experience in Agile software development practices such as SCRUM & TDD / ATDD.
● Basic experience or knowledge on building, packaging & deployment tools, web & application servers and database technologies.
● Provision of in-depth technical skills to fix adhoc incidents/problems, mentoring and support DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 3452