Pearson C1-Systems Engineer in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Engineer Virtualization processes a depth of knowledge in Virtualization and who will closely work
with Platform OS, storage and network team to help resolve/troubleshoot day today incidents using
strong technical skill-set. In addition Engineer Virtualization has the responsibility of installing,
managing, configuring and monitoring all virtualized systems and infrastructure. He/She should keep
the systems up to date with latest industry standards and maintain the documentation.
Furthermore, Engineer Virtualization should work on the assigned projects as per the company
requirements to deliver them on time with highest quality and reliability. He/She should support the
- 5 operation with weekend on-call support.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
● A degree level of education in an IT discipline or have the equivalence in training, experience
● Minimum three (3) years of experience
● Has a minimum of one (1) years of domain level or within company experience (within total
●Experience in AWS technologies would be added advantage
● Past experience in high tech environments
● Working experience with different stakeholders in multiple geographies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Significant experience or knowledge is preferred in the following areas
o VMware vSphere (5, 5.5, 6 and 6.5)
o Storage (EMC, netapp)
o Operating systems (Windows /Linux)
o Hardware platforms (Dell /Cisco UCS /HP)
● Ability to independently learn and actively seek new skills and knowledge to advance the
development capabilities of the organization.
● Strong communication, presentation skills and the ability to communicate technical concepts
to non-technical people and work with a variety of internal and external groups.
● Ability to be self-motivated and work collaboratively with different divisions of the organization
to achieve the objectives of Technology Operations.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
● ITIL- Foundation
● Vendor Certifications on relevant technologies (VCP, VCAP, AWS,CCNA, CCNP and any Storage certifications)
Primary Location: LK-1-Colombo
Work Locations: LK-Colombo-Orion City Sascon Bldg Orion City Sascon Building No. 752/5 Dr Danister De Silver Mawatha Colombo
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1909318
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.