Pearson Business Analyst in Colombo, Sri Lanka
· Work closely and interactively with Product managers as a primary point of contact and assist with identifying and solving business challenges while playing the Product Proxy role.
· Facilitate analysis of functional requirements and design of technical specifications by capturing requirements through interactive sessions
· Communicate with Product Managers to prioritize and refine requirements
· Elicit requirements and acquire necessary updates from Product Management team and Partner Teams for writing user stories and prepping user stories for iteration planning
· Communicate with Product Managers on confirming the user stories and acceptance criteria for completeness
· Provide requirement clarifications for Engineering teams for implementation
· Participate and contribute to decision making in Roadmap planning and Release planning
· Request priority updates from the Product Management team and align the engineering team’s iterations accordingly
· Collaborate with Product Management Team on identifying the business context of requirements and liaise with Engineering team to ensure accurate alignment during implementation
· Active participation all Scrum/Agile rituals and drive teams to achieve project and product objectives.
· Driving issue review meetings with Product and Engineering teams and take necessary actions for the completion of high priority issue fixes
· Participate in Acceptance testing, training and implementation related activities
· Driving business rigor and process improvement within the projects and organization
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent is required.
· Two (2) to four (4) years of related experience preferably with prior development or QE experience.
· Knowledge of SDLC with emphasis on Requirement Management and ability to adapt Business Analysis techniques.
· Knowledge and experience on Scrum/ Agile practices is preferable
· Ability to work effectively in teams, where the teams could span across multiple business units, locations or countries and geographical locations.
· Must have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to facilitate interactive sessions with business and functional personnel.
· Should be able to effectively communicate and liaise between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Possessing a professional certification would be an added advantage. (CSPO/ PMI-PBA/ CCBA)
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Organization: Technology & Operations
Req ID: 2113143