Pearson Product Architect in Bloomington, Minnesota
As the Product Architect you will provide leadership and architectural direction for multiple software development teams for the Internet Based Testing and Correspondence product areas. The Product Architect takes ownership for all technical matters in their area and will resolve or escalate all team issues. You will also be responsible for creating and implementing a long-term vision, orchestrating high-quality software implementation, and maintaining, guiding, and improving architectural integrity and evolution for their area. Additional expectations include the ability to fosters high team morale, mentor and coach team members, and ensure best practices and architectural guidelines are followed your product area. In doing this, you will be expected to continually contribute to and lead process improvement activities.
This requisition is part of the IBT Services team which supports backend cloud services vital to the delivery of internet examinations. We also support candidate correspondence delivered via SMS Text and emails. These applications and services are essential components of Pearson VUE’s core business and communications.
The Product Architect will:
In this role you will work with both Engineering Leads as well as Product Manager by providing architecture solutions and leadership at the product level. You will do this through overseeing implementation of software that achieves the goals of the architecture in your product area.
In this role, there are three major functional areas with an expected breakdown of duties as follows:
Architecture & Development - 75%
· Create, document, implement, and oversee the long-term vision, architecture and initiatives in the assigned area
· Estimate software development requirements and effort, propose alternatives, and prioritize development tasks for a given area.
· Ensure higher level requirements from project stakeholders are satisfied, complete and testable
· Review code and documents for their area to ensure designs and coding are holistic
· Assess and oversee the technical delivery of high quality projects and products
· Design, maintain and assess items in their assigned area factoring in performance, maintainability/complexity, market trends, innovation, system robustness, scalability, and longer term quality initiatives
· Serve as the point person who is accountable for their assigned area and will capture, summarize, and escalate issues as necessary for resolution and awareness
Engineering Leadership & Mentoring - 15%
· Strategic and tactical responsibility on a daily basis for developing and enhancing the technical architecture and projects of assigned areas and ensuring user needs are met
· Coordinate and unify the work of architects and team members through the software implementation process
· Assist as necessary with defining roles and assigning responsibilities within team
· Liaison for numerous functional areas within organization
· Provide technical mentoring to developers, senior developers, and software architects within a domain or project, or as assigned
· Proactively design training opportunities within group that align with group goals
· Induct new members for assigned projects
· Proactively foster collaboration among technical teams where systems integration is required
Process & Quality Improvement (and other responsibilities)-10%
· Participate in and initiate group improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
· Participate in and monitor effectiveness of requirement, design, code, unit test and QA test case reviews and inspections
· Assess and oversee the technical delivery of projects to ensure best practices are followed
· Understand, support and improve the OSSP
· Report any potential opportunities regarding assigned domain, other domains, or client opportunities
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent technology discipline
· 8+ years relevant software development experience creating business applications with relational database systems (Experience with Java technologies)
· 3+ years' experience with Microservices
· 3+ years' experience in software architecture
· 2+ years' experience in Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred)
· IT Architecture experience in large project development, development lifecycles, development methodologies, project scoping, process improvement, and variety of technologies and tools
· Ability to provide technical leadership to a team
· Ability to understand philosophy of architecture
· Ability to lead and/or coordinate multiple teams or projects concurrently
· Ever expanding knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
· Enterprise knowledge of business and platforms across systems and in our core technology service model
· Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
· Ability to effectively manage, measure, and continuously improve working performance and quality of teams and individuals
· Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
· Must have strong time management and project management skills – including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timeline
· Must develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts and work well within a team
· Mentoring and training skills · Significant experience with both backend and frontend development - Full Stack
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments VUE
Req ID: 2113270