Pearson Manager Oracle Projects COE in Belfast, United Kingdom
Manager Oracle Projects COE - ( 2105190 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Role overview & Purpose
As the Manager of the Oracle Projects Centre of Expertise in Pearson Finance Services (PFS), this position offers a chance to do more than just month-end close and general ledger work. This is a new role leading a new team within PFS that will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to make a real impact on the day-to-day operations of Oracle Project accounting system and to drive positive change across the Project accounting and reporting process within Pearson.
The successful candidate will lead a newly created team that will be responsible for providing technical support to the 800 PMs/FMs that use the Oracle Project Accounting system across all Pearson divisions. The team will have responsibility for coordinating key Oracle Project accounting events and the routine execution of configuration/maintenance processes for the Oracle Project accounting system and will act as SME’s and trusted advisors to all OPA business users
Duties and Responsibilities:
Month-End coordination and support
- During the close process, oversee the daily monitoring/analysis of BETA report tables; submit ticket if needed and communicate any Known Issues to end users
- Process data uploads on an as-needed basis specifically related to month-end budget adjustments, and do the necessary trouble shooting when there are issues
- Prepare and book Projects JEs related to timing issues in the Intercompany processing schedule, Cash Flow reporting reclasses, Accruals/Adjustments needed for Known Issues
- Manage month-end process with BPO (Business Process Outsourcing), MSS, and communication with GL team
- Delivery of Oracle Projects financial reporting to Finance stakeholders.
System configuration and maintenance
- Creation of new expenditure types
- Configure new organization combinations based on Chart of Accounts requests
- Configure, manage, maintain, analyze, and update standard labor Rate Tables
Perform key data reconciliations and monitor/report on KPIs to ensure complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting.
- with Business to facilitate broader understanding of Project Accounting Ways of Working and provide operational and directional support as needed
- with BPO and Technology teams to ensure understanding of end-to-end issues and work towards resolution
- with Global Process Owners to ensure opportunities for process improvements are raised and solutioned to ensure operational excellence
Operational and Directional support to end users providing individual or group assistance with standard process and procedures to end user
Deliver ongoing training on new and existing OPA processes to assist end user to maximise the OPA system functionality.
Responsible for Managing Key and Non-Key Controls as they pertain to Oracle Project Accounting:
- Act as Key and Non-Key Control Owner, responsible for the performance of all OPA controls on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis as agreed between Global Process Owner and Controls Center of Expertise
- Ensure compliance with contracts, policies, processes, and control procedures
- Assist internal and external auditors, as needed, to support audit across all entities using Oracle Project Accounting
Manage relationships with key stakeholders such as Divisional Finance leads and their teams, Global Process Owners, the Technical Solutions team, the BPO teams, and Internal/External Audit.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
echnical, Managerial and People Skills Required:
Team management experience (5 years )
Demonstrable experience of driving process changes as part of a transformation program, preferably in a multinational organization / environment.
Good relationship building skills with an ability to influence at a senior level.
Ability to prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks in order to meet deadlines and conflicting priorities.
Ability to draw concise, well supported recommendations based on detailed analysis of the given issue.
Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Strong customer service skills.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Motivated to take initiative to tackle challenges and lead projects.
Subject matter expert in Oracle project accounting - Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a deep knowledge of the OPA system and accounting/finance processes.
Proficiency utilizing accounting software
Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office products, including advanced knowledge of Excel and VBA
Experience in SQL
ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified accountant, consideration will be given to non-qualified accountants who can demonstrate they have the required experience and skills to perform the role.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Experience of working in a multinational company environment
Primary Location : GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations :
Millennium House, 1st FloorGreat Victoria Street
Job : Finance
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 13, 2021
Job Unposting : May 13, 2021
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2105190