Pearson Senior Payroll Administrator in Bangalore, India
JOB TITLE: Payroll & Compliance Specialist
Type of Employment: Fixed Term ContractDATE: 26-Oct-2023
JOB FAMILY: Human ResourceREPORTS TO: Regional Payroll Manager
Function: Payroll SpecialistReportees: Ravi Mahato
DIVISION: Human ResourceLOCATION: Bangalore
For more details visit us @: www.pearson.co.in
About Pearson India
Founded in 1844, Pearson is the world’s learning company, with 35,000 employees across 70 countries worldwide. We have expertise in educational courseware and assessment, and a range of teaching and learning services powered by technology. Our mission is to help people make progress through access to better learning. We believe that learning opens up opportunities, creating fulfilling careers and better lives. Our unique insight and world-class expertise come from our long history of working closely with teachers, learners, researchers, authors, and thought leaders. Our products and services are used by millions of teachers and learners around the world every day.
To ensure smooth Payroll and Compliance Administration for Pearson APAC region and to manage employee services related to Payroll & Compliance Administration. To validate & process the payroll input / output in line with policy & process guidelines.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Payroll Process:
▪ Payroll Input consolidation, verification and processing. Data management of all payroll
and compliance related data. Pre-process checking, Payroll process, Post-process check.
▪ Check all statutory compliance deductions, finalize the payroll and liaison with Payroll
Vendor as well as Compliance vendor.
▪ Prepare Bank advice as per agreed format.
▪ Adhere to agreed timelines and SLA
▪ File E-TDS quarterly returns, Check the income tax actual proofs
▪ End to end management of Full and Final settlement process
▪ ESOP Process and maintain the records
▪ Process Medical, LTA re-imbursements and manage flexi reimbursement process
▪ Maintain good level of efficiency and minimal re-work.
▪ Liaise with team members to organize data around HR Costs and Support in HR analytics
and MIS reporting. Also responsible for auditing payroll data and carrying out financial
▪ Support in benefit delivery projects, managing first level queries around benefits,
responsible for ensuring timely submission of enrolment data to insurer/benefit provider
▪ Review TDS Compliances requirement
▪ Ensure compliances to contributory laws like PF, ESI, PT, LWF as well as noncontributory labour laws
▪ Handling / answering government statutory audits, inspections.
▪ Take ownership of all statutory compliances applicable on pan-India basis and ensuring
implementation of all applicable labour laws in all locations.
▪ Spotting Issues and Resolving the same
MIS & Reporting:
▪ Prepare the MIS report, Loan report, Superannuation Report, PF Report - Statutory
report monthly/quarterly/half-yearly & yearly filling of statutory returns, issue Form 16.
▪ Provide the data for internal / external auditors handle and resolve the audit queries
Query Management and Payroll Helpdesk:
▪ Resolve existing and ex-employees queries related and not limited to PF, Tax, Flexi
Benefits, Insurance, Form 16, UAN Portal etc.
▪ Also liaise with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders including Business HR
Team to resolve employee queries within the agreed SLA.
Candidate Profile Qualification:
Graduation or Post-Graduation – in HR or Finance or Commerce
3 to 5 years’ experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of the labour law and associated tax/reporting requirements in
the areas of compensation, payroll, and benefits administration
Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Good financial and business acumen
Expert/advanced knowledge of Excel
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Organization: Corporate Human Resources
Req ID: 13610