Pearson Software Quality Engineer in Austin, Texas
● Performing end to end testing across systems to support the integrated applications
● Analyse and perform static testing of requirements and specifications
● Hands on writing and execution of manual and automated tests, recording detailed results and defects
● Actively participate in Backlog Grooming sessions and assist in the creation of Acceptance Criteria
● Look for opportunities to implement test automation according to company standards
● Assist in planning testing activities and document with test plans and test management tools like HP ALM.
Skills & Abilities
● Experience working in an Agile / Kanban environment
● Working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver.
● Strong experience of working with / implementing Risk Based Testing methodologies in order to pragmatically work against tight timelines but able to reduce the level of risk in the overall delivery
● Strong communicator within the project team - effective presentation skills of critical issues, testing procedures and testing coverage
● Hands on experience with automated testing and automated API testing tools
● Excellent knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and HP ALM.
Tracks test progress and results in test and defect management tools like ALM, Jira.
● Excellent attention to detail and demonstrable problem-solving skills
● Experience using tools like IDE, Postman, Bitbucket/GitHub, Git, Jenkins.
● Experience with programming languages like Java. Experience working with TestNG, JUnit, Maven.
● Experience in Accessibility testing.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science/IT
- 5 years industry experience as a Quality Engineer
- Hands on programming experience in Java or similar OOP language. - Highly recommended
- Knowledge on Selenium Web Driver
- Knowledge on HTML/CSS Java script is a plus
- Automation skills
- Prior experience in Accessibility testing, User experience designing will be a desired skill.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $85,000.00-$90,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Organization: Higher Education
Req ID: 1299