Pearson Teaching Operations Administrator in Albany, New York
Teaching Operations Administrator - ( 2110328 )
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Virtual Schools provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Online Academy. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers, and leadership, Pearson Virtual Schools is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working from a home office and occasionally from the Columbia, MD office, the Special Populations Operations Administrator will be responsible for assisting with the consultant team with running compliance data reports, contracting, invoicing, and assisting the special education team as needed. The Special Populations Operations Administrator will follow internal quality control measures and assist in maintaining up-to-date text with a focus on continuous improvement of applications to ensure success for both new and existing business.
This position requires a high degree of attention to detail, the ability to multitask effectively, excellent writing and communication skills, and the ability to work across multiple departments and levels within the company.
● Manage requirements documentation from authorizers, clients, and stakeholders through all stages of contracting and renewal process;
● After Agreement signed by Contractor, verify all documentation received are valid;
● Ensure team successfully submits compliant, timely, high-quality applications/proposals;
● Write or edit significant portions of contracts and/or amendments for quality content, tone, consistency, responsiveness, alignment to requirements, and competitiveness;
● Research and incorporate state-specific requirements into contracts, renewals, and amendments as appropriate.
● Understand and keep current on important aspects of the company including curriculum, finance, operations, and data;
● Maintain tracking system for contracts and ensure contracts are current;
● Accurately prepare and electronically deliver contracts and other related documents;
● Assist special education directors in various states with all aspects of the contracting process, including fulfilling AT requests.
● Update and review compliance reports for consistency and accuracy;
● Review monthly contractor invoices for consistency and accuracy; and
● Other duties as assigned.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $45,000. This position is not bonus eligible.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
● 3 years of proposal development and writing experience required
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Exceptional written communication skills required
● Excellent PC skills required, including experience with Microsoft Office Professional (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
● Education industry experience strongly preferred
● Ability to manage multiple projects with varying delivery schedules
● Positive attitude with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
● Customer Centric – Acts with a strong customer mindset (both internal and external) and is a visible advocate for the customer. Builds strong relationships with customers and uses those to improve their experience and outcomes.
● Delivering Financial Results – A strong track record of delivering against budgets and commitments.
● Communications - A great communicator who engages teams and stakeholders with thoughtful delivery and messages that resonate.
● Building a strong team - Creates strong morale and inclusive spirit within the team, Proactively addresses team performance and communication challenges and blends new people into teams when needed. Has a track record of hiring and quickly and effectively onboarding great talent. Demonstrated success in developing and promoting talent.
● Works well in a matrix - Models collaboration, solves problems with peers, builds trust and support.
● Takes personal responsibility – Can be relied on to complete tasks timely and well, demonstrates “ownership” regardless of the outcome, proactive in exploring and exploiting new opportunities.
● High level of integrity and transparency;
● High degree of flexibility;
● Positive attitude;
● Evidence of a strong work ethic;
● Demonstrated team player
Primary Location : US-Remote
Job : Learning Delivery
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 21, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2110328