Pearson Learning Designer (SA) in Adelaide, Australia
Learning Designer (SA)
It’s no secret that a good education has the power to change lives. The challenge lies in the pace with which Australia’s educational landscape is transforming. It’s no longer just about providing access, but also ensuring progress.
As the world’s leading learning company, we’re meeting this challenge with Australia’s most comprehensive blend of digital learning formats, printed texts, educator training resources, assessments, services and online assets.
We are looking to expand our current learning design team and are seeking a Learning Designer, based in Adelaide, SA, for a 2 year fixed-term, full time role. Individuals seeking part-time work (3-4 days per week) may also be considered.
Key Responsibilities will include:
● Designing and developing educational solutions based upon client needs.
● Working collaboratively in a dynamic and collaborative team to produce quality educational curriculum and courses.
● Actively engaging and collaborating with subject matter experts, academics and other stakeholders, as well as colleagues, often remotely, during the design and development of programs and courses.
● Working closely with Multimedia specialists to design complex online educational applications, interactivities and simulations.
● Contributing to and creating wireframes, assessments, storyboards, delivery plans and facilitator guides.
● An undergraduate qualification in Instructional/Learning Design, Education or related field. Equivalent years of education and successful work experience in Learning Design or another closely related field, with ID/LD certification, will be considered.
● Learning designers will have at least 12 months experience in designing and developing online and/or blended learning in the post-compulsory education or corporate sectors, as well as some experience in leading in small–medium learning design projects
● Specific experience in designing authentic assessments and engaging online learning
● Knowledge of pedagogical and andragogical learning principles and other notable learning design philosophies, strategies and theories, and the ability to apply those concepts.
● Ability to articulate learning objectives that are practical, focused, concise and measurable.
● Ability to work on complex projects within (sometimes aggressive) timeframes, to multi-task & continually prioritise changing project tasks/deliverables and meet deadlines.
● Knowledge and experience with at least one of the common academic Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Brightspace, Blackboard and/or Canvas)
● Familiarity with relevant computer programs and course delivery platforms including intermediate-advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, general proficiency in Visio
If you are as passionate as we are about changing lives through learning, then help us to learn more about you and why you want to work with Pearson. Click ‘Apply Now’ to create your application online.
At Pearson, we value the employee journey and pride ourselves in building an inclusive and diverse culture.
Primary Location: AU-SA-Adelaide
Job: Professional Development
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1913331
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.