Pearson Systems Engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is seeking a “hands-on” senior DevOps/Cloud engineer with very good knowledge of AWS as well as good interpersonal and communication skills.You would be joining a team that is responsible for building a new foundational platform within Pearson that enables personalized learning while supporting content authoring and content usage/efficacy.
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and operational services.
- Create process to perform continuous deployment, including full orchestration of deployment process.
- Design and implement scalability plan for all services.
- Re-evaluation of existing stack and determine options to re-base on a new technology.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience with AWS (AWS Cloud Formation, AWS ECS and EC2, S3 etc..)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Strong background in Linux
- Scripting experience with either Ruby, Python or Bash.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations and security
- Knowledge of containerization and Docker is required.
Primary Location: US-NC-Raleigh
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2016