Pearson Business Development Manager in Oxford, United Kingdom
Business Development Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This is a term time only role, working 195 days per annum.
With a focus on developing new accounts through supporting the field team, the successful Business Development Manager will be targeting Academy and Maths Hubs, a programme that brings together mathematics education professionals in a collaborative national network of 35 hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students
This is a long sales cycle, driven by educating decision makers and influencers within Trusts and Hubs of the products and services Pearson can offer, so that Pearson are front of mind.
You will be the "go to" person regarding Academies and Maths Hubs within Pearson Primary, so this role requires someone who can work as efficiently and professionally internally as they do externally.
We are looking for a high energy, self-starter with a positive attitude and a great phone voice. In this role you will need to be creative, driven to learn on your own (don’t worry we provide training), with the ability to influence, listen, propose questions and drive educators (at all levels) to make the right decision regarding learning outcome choices for learners and teachers.
On a daily basis you will need to leverage your creative skills, ability to think strategically.
● The primary focus is largely pre-sale activity, specifically sales presentations via virtual webinars, online demos, and trial subscription management. Targeting Academy Trusts in order to ensure that Pearson Primary services are clearly communicated to ensure that Pearson is featured on Preferred Supplier Lists (PSL's) across each Trust group.
● In conjunction and with the support of field sales colleagues, you will sell print, supplemental and/ or digital resources and services to the Primary Education Market
● You will be talking to Senior School Leader, Chief executives, and Heads of procurement in order to develop relationships, uncover needs and then assist the bid team to develop proposals.
● Provide curriculum and technology support for virtual sales events such as author webinars and virtual conferences
● Assists Sales Consultants with hosting product demos, local campaigns, lead follow-up and responding to customer requests.
● Participate and assist with trade shows, sales meetings, executive briefings and best practice events
● Making customer visits as necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
● Achieves assigned sales target
● Achieves new account acquisition targets
● Usage of CRM and other sales applications.
● Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
● Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
● Reports to the Head of Primary Sales
● Enlists the support of Regional Sales Managers, Field Sales Consultants, Digital Account Management, Digital Support and Customer Service resources, and other resources as needed.
● This position has no direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
● This position is office based from Oxford will require travel as required
● Candidates must have a valid driver’s license
● Minimum two years of sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment
● Experience or in-depth knowledge of Academies/Academy Trusts would offer a distinct advantage.
● Used to working to a long sales cycle
● The proven ability to manage and successfully deliver solutions into complex buying frameworks for Buying Groups, Trusts and alike.
● Excellent Business Development skills, high energy and a great work ethic.
● Basic knowledge of Pearson or industry products and sales practices desirable
● Experience in Primary Education required
● Familiarity with webinar technology preferred
● SalesForce CRM
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2017