Pearson Director, Reporting and Analytics in Morrisville, North Carolina
Director, Reporting and Analytics
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
SalesOperations is a strategic, growing and high priority area for Pearson. SalesOperations has 3 goals: 1) Drive salesforce productivity and effectiveness; 2)Deliver strategic insights to sales leaders to facilitate data-driven decisionmaking and informed business management; 3) Drive a world class salesexperience for our customers.
Summary of Role:
The Reportingand Analytics Leader position will sit within the Sales Operations team. The leader willhave a primary focus on being the “go-to” person for Sales Reporting and Sales executioninsight.This individual serves as athought leader and drives business synergies, operational excellence andbusiness insight across Sales teams.
Provides strategic leadership, unbiased rigor, and analyticpower to drive ongoing innovation in the sales organization
Develops reporting policies, processes, standards andprocedures.
Builds and implements new reporting tools, analyticalassets, and dashboards to continuously improve the productivity of the salesorganization
Obtains requirements from Sales Leadership, Sales OperationsSpecialists and Finance
Works collaboratively with Sales Ops and Tech teams to buildand deploy tools, reports, etc.
Provides informed counsel to senior leadership to formulateaccurate business projections and revenue forecasts
Trains sales leaders/managers on use of reporting tools andassets
Is a champion and role model for the value of informationinsight
Continuously improves reporting and analytics capabilitiesand assets
Executes projects and coordinates the team and/or consortiumto reach goals on time and on budget. Reports regularly to senior leadership.
Builds, manages and develops high performing team
Grow functions and capabilities as Sales Operations evolves
Education, Experience and Skills
• Minimum Bachelor’s /University degree; Technology, Information Technology preferred
• 10 - 12 years of professional working experience within data and analytical-related functions (which could include Marketing, Consulting, Sales…)
• Deep experience in Information Management
• Experience in designing process automation & analytics platforms
• Experience building and deploying sales reports and dashboards
• Experience in Salesforce.com information reporting
• Experience in Sales Operations a plus
• Proven track record of driving business transformation in reporting and analytics area
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take own initiative
• A high-energy team player capable of balancing pressing short term deliverables with long term goals and objectives
• Executive presence; experience working with Senior Leadership, including CxOs
• Technology savvy and abreast of emerging technologies in Analytics, Mobility
• Education publishing experience
• Prior Consulting experience with Big 4 consulting company a plus
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Other Locations US-MA-Boston, US-NC-Morrisville
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2017
Req ID: 1711432