Pearson Contracts Specialist in London, United Kingdom
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- To build andmaintain Assessment Associate and other Associate contractual documentationacross all qualification, product, service and project suites
- To be responsible for the non-markingcontract process
including creation, issuing and reporting.
- Support the reviewof all AA contractual documentation across all qualifications at agreed times.
- Be responsible forthe timely issue of contracts within a given SLA
- Be responsible forthe production of new contractual templates to support new Pearson products andservices.
- Be responsible foreffective data presentation which allows visibility to our customers throughoutthe contracting process
- Produce contracttemplates in line with the business calendar requirements.
- Liaise with thedifferent teams involved in (or impacted by) the creation, production andissuing of contracts including Assessment Teams, AA Payments, Training andEvents and the Delivery Managers.
- Ensure that allcontracts are accurate and quality checked before being issued.
- Make any changes oramendments to contracts as directed through reissuing or sending addenda orerrata where necessary.
- Continually review and improve the contract production process through technologyand process reengineering involving the relevant teams where necessary.
- Maintain a customer service focus in relation to contract building. This will involveresponsibility for maintaining and updating contract information using differentsystems and responding to related queries, both directly and via the CustomerRelationship Management system.
- Proficiency needs to be established with various systems including Gateway to ensurethat all information is correct and up to date, so that the interface withother interdependent systems is secure.
This role is business-critical and covers an essential phase in the successful delivery of each qualification. Team members need to remain focused while working to tight deadlines, yet also need to be sufficiently flexible to manage the varying priorities, meeting deployment targets while answering customer queries, acting as a specialist contact while responding to urgent situations that frequently arise during the year etc.
Pearson Core Competencies
1. Providing a customer focused service - drive learner outcomes, and putting the learner at the centre of what we do
2. Communicating with influence - Be clear and honest
3. Working with others to achieve goals, collaborative
4. Delivering goals in a changing environment - be responsible and accountable
5. Taking a creative and innovative approach to work, plan ahead
6. Maximising potential in self and others - be responsible and accountable for self and team, particularly in the context of personal development
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initative
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Awareness of Pearson’s business and general educational issues.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- GCSE English or equivalent.
- Administrative or relevant experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office package, advanced MS Word and advanced Excel.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: General Business Operations
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 5, 2017