C2 - Qualification Development Leader
AtPearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talentedteam who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life toturning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the waypeople learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an educationcommunity across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators whomotivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supportsand inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology —and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning thatbecome the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large andsmall.
The overall purpose ofthe Qualification Development Leader role is to manage the development processfor qualifications and sample assessments. The Qualification Development Leaderhas a central role in ensuring that Pearson’s qualifications and sampleassessments are fit for purpose and meet the needs of our customers andregulators. We are seeking a qualification development leader with experiencein modern foreign languages at KS3-4
1. Scoping: Lead on thescoping of projects, helping to define the design brief for qualifications andsample assessments and liaising with colleagues across the business
2. Design: Definefit-for-purpose qualification structures and associated assessment models,which form the blueprint for the finished product. It is the QualificationDevelopment Leaders’ responsibility to calculate costs for the developmentincluding internal development time and external costs such as writer fees.
3. Development: Lead onthe development of qualifications, utilising the technical expertise of colleaguesacross the business, to produce fit-for-purpose qualifications and sampleassessments according to the design brief, which inspire teachers, engagelearners and enable progression
4. Project Management:
- Time - Ensure thatprojects are delivered to time. It is business critical that qualifications andsample assessments are made available to teachers at the appropriate time inthe academic calendar to enable our customers to effectively plan and deliverour qualifications.
- Cost –Manage the budgetfor projects, ensuring that development costs are accurately budgeted for andmanaged cost-effectively.
- Quality – Ensure thatprojects operate within Pearson’s Quality Management systems, and that allqualifications and sample assessments developments follow departmental qualityassurance processes, in order that they be fit-for-purpose and regulatorycompliant, commercially attractive, assessable and operable. Maintaining thestandard of Pearson’s qualifications is central to the role of a QualificationDevelopment Leader.
5. Relationshipmanagement: Build and manage effective working relationships with a wide rangeof stakeholders in the development of qualifications. Work collaboratively withcolleagues across the business, drawing upon the various technical expertiseavailable and, where necessary, liaising with external agencies (includingOfqual and Sector Skills Councils). The ability to build rapport, negotiate,influence and make decisions is imperative.
6. Writer Management:Recruit, train, manage and evaluate writers and subject specialists, ensuringthat they are on brief and deliver content to the requisite quality on time.
7. ManagementInformation: Ensure that all MIS data, related to on-going projects, is up todate to enable the status of all projects to be reported accurately. Providingthe visibility required at all levels of the business that supports successfulproject delivery.
Designing anddevelopment of fit-for-purpose qualifications and sample assessments
Gaining accreditationfor qualifications and sample assessments
Managing projects totime, cost and quality
Building andmaintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders (includingregulators and SSCs)
Maintaining thestandard of Pearson qualifications
You are an experienced teacher/or you will have experience of developing curricula, qualifications or assessments at KS3-4
You will have subject experience in Maths
Experience of at least one of the following:
Systems, Tools & ITLiteracy
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Teaching or assessment qualification
Pearson Leadership Behaviours
Leading Self/Leading Others/Leading the Business
- Always Learning
- Customer Focussed
- Strategic and Visionary
- Talent Developer
- Relationship Builder
Application Instructions : Please ensure you upload a covering letter with your CV. Thisshould detail your motivation in applying for the role, the extent to whichyour skills/experience meet the requirements of the role and information onyour current salary and availability.
Working pattern - 37.5 hours per week
This role will close on the 22nd December 2016
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2016