Marketing -Associate Creative Director
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s global marketing organization leads the marketing strategy for our business. By leveraging global centers of expertise in brand, research & insights, marketing excellence, creative services and go-to-market, we will deliver an integrated, global-local approach that enables marketing to be a growth driver for Pearson.
Summary of Role:
The Associate Creative Director for the Global Creative Strategy and Services teamworks closely with the VP of Creative Strategy and Services, Product Marketing,the Global Campaigns Group, copywriters, designers and video production to produce compelling marketing collateral that connects with the market on an emotional level emphasizing the Pearson brand promise and product value propositions. The Associate Creative Director will leverage a complete understanding of Pearson’s branding guidelines and products to lead the development of a wide range of advertising and campaign collateral for use in country markets around the world as well as select internal campaigns.
Main activities /responsibilities:
● Develops basic presentation approaches by reviewing materials and information presented by client.
● Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
● Determines production requirements by reviewing client requirements; considering scheduling factors.
● Determines production schedule by conferring with heads of design, copy writing, and media departments; outlining basic presentation concepts; coordinating creative activities.
● Determines project content by reviewing and approving art and copy materials developed by staff.
● Obtains client approval by presenting final layouts to client.
● Improves quality results by studying,evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to art, copywriting, and media departments.
● Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
● Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
● Monitors marketing mix and results by coordinating tracking actions with sales and marketing representatives.Improves marketing quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing creative processes; implementingchanges.
● Helps clients by answering questions and responding to requests.
●Business degree (or equivalent); preferably in a writing, advertising, marketing, or communicationsfield
●3 years of management experience required
●5 years of in-house or agency experience
●Experience working with a wide range of internal stakeholders (desirable)
●Copywriting experience (desirable)
●Experience in the education space (desirable)
●Understanding of and experience with SEO (desirable)
●Understanding of and experience with social media advertising (desirable)
●Excellent written and verbal communication skills
●Strong persuasive skills
●Excellent leadership skills
●Excellent project management skills
●Knowledge of copywriting best practices for web and print
●Proficient in use of aMac and PC, including: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (required); Knowledge ofPhotoshop and Illustrator (preferred)
●Highly creative and energetic
●An intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
●Experience with a variety of software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, etc.
●A strong understandingof brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
●Comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders to include internal staff, clients & agencies
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016