C2-Supervisor Software Development
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
A key leadership role in the development of complex, multi¬tiered and distributed Web based software applications. Provides leadership and guidance to an empowered team of 4 6 software engineers on aspects of development including adherence to the architectural & engineering best practices following agile principles. Drives software product development projects that are driven by delivery goals.
● Minimum four (4) years of experience in software engineering and design and two (2) years of additional experience as a Technical Lead.
● Bachelors degree in Computing, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
● Strong leadership skills and the desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non functional requirements.
● Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with prompt and professionalism to the teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
● Strong technical skills and hands¬on experience in Java and related tools & technologies including open source front¬end & server side technologies.
● Hands on experience on RDBMS technologies and understanding of NoSQL and Big Data architecture.
● Experience and knowledge on OOP, Analysis & Design, Architectural & Design Patterns, Unit Testing and development of highly scalable web applications.
● Experience in Agile software development practices such as SCRUM & TDD /ATDD.
● Basic experience or knowledge on building, packaging & deployment tools, web & application servers and database technologies.
● Provision of in¬depth technical skills to fix ad¬hoc incidents/problems, mentoring and support DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
Primary Location: LK-1-Colombo
Work Locations: LK-Colombo-Orion City Rigel Bldg Orion City Rigel Bldg No 752 Dr. Danister De Silva Mawatha Colombo 900
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 29, 2016