At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Responsible for the system design activities under direction from Tech Lead/ Tech Specialist \
- Able to decompose requirements into tasks and provide accurate estimates for those tasks
Practice software engineering best practices within the engineering team.
Achieving software engineering goals within the team.
Engage with the product management for requirement analysis and clarifications.\
- Support the team to meet project deadlines in order to meet quarterly product roadmap.
Provision of in depth technical skills to fix ad-hoc incidents/ problems \
- Ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
Resolve technical matters and communicating effectively within the team
Delivery of iteration commitments and projects on time
Coordinate and resolve project related issues from development group/s
Participate in Agile software development practices such as SCRUM & TDD/ATDD
● Minimum one (1) years of experience in software engineering.
● Bachelors degree in Computing, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent.
● Good technical skills and the desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non functional requirements.
● Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with prompt and professionalism to the teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
● Strong technical skills and hands on experience in Java and related tools & technologies including open source middleware & server side technologies.
● Hands on experience on RDBMS technologies and understanding of NoSQL and Big Data architecture.
● Experience and knowledge on OOP, Analysis & Design, Architectural & Design Patterns, Unit Testing and development of highly scalable web applications.
● Experience in Agile software development practices such as SCRUM & TDD /ATDD.
● Basic experience or knowledge on building, packaging & deployment tools, web & application servers and database technologies.
● Provision of in-depth technical skills to fix ad-hoc incidents/problems, mentoring and support DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
Primary Location: LK-1-Colombo
Work Locations: LK-Colombo-Orion City Rigel Bldg Orion City Rigel Bldg No 752 Dr. Danister De Silva Mawatha Colombo 900
Organization: Higher Education
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 15, 2016